Charge And current Of Electric. Explain something?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concepts of charge of electric and electric current, as well as their respective formulas. The conversation also includes an example question about finding the number of electrons flowing every second and a discussion about the sign of the answer. The summary concludes with a request for further clarification on the topic.
Mmx
I today learn about chrage of electric and Arus/ current electrici? I am not really know in english cause mine is in Malay. I just want to know something that the calculation of Electricity

Charge of electric formula is Q=nq : (C) columba correct me if I am wrong.
A electric current( not sure right pronounsation) formula is I=Q/t

Example question that i want to ask y this happens.

A charge if electric is 1 x 10^-9 C
Find the number of electrons that flows every second ( i want to find how many electrons flows every 1 second)

Answer :
Q/t=nq/t
I = nq/t
I/q = n/t
(1 x 10^-9) / (-1.60 x 10^-19) = n/t
n/t = 6.25 x 10^12 <----- It should be ( -6.25 x 10^12)

but y izzit positif? I learn that if you count amount of electron in a object then its suppose to be neagatif as answer? My teacher said something about science term that there is no negatif value. I am not really sure wat it mean can some one explain more detail? If I am wrong anything please correct is also. Thx :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
You're talking about electrons, so the value that you were given for the charge has to be negative, since when does an electron have a positive charge? (positrons don't count). Also, it makes sense that it should be positive, since how can you have a negative number of electrons? It's simply a number, there are no units and it is not a vector quantity, so it should be positive. Hope that helps.

But if you count a electron wouldn't it will be negatif? but instead this case is positive unless you are counting a proton. Any other eplanation other then finchie_88 answer? Thx finchie_88 for your answer also.

1. What is electric charge?

Electric charge is a fundamental property of matter that causes it to experience a force when placed in an electric field. It can be either positive or negative, and is measured in units of coulombs (C).

2. How does electric charge create an electric current?

Electric current is the flow of electric charge through a conductor. When there is a potential difference (voltage) between two points in a conductor, electrons will flow from the negative terminal to the positive terminal, creating an electric current.

3. What is the relationship between charge and current?

The relationship between charge and current is described by Ohm's Law, which states that the current through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage across it and inversely proportional to its resistance. This can be represented mathematically as I = V/R, where I is current, V is voltage, and R is resistance.

4. How does current flow through different materials?

Electric current can flow through different materials in different ways. In conductors, such as metals, current flows easily due to the presence of free electrons. In insulators, such as rubber or plastic, electrons are tightly bound and do not flow easily. Semiconductors, like silicon, have properties of both conductors and insulators and can be used to control the flow of current.

5. How is electric current measured?

Electric current is measured in units of amperes (A), which is the rate of flow of electric charge. It can be measured using an ammeter, which is placed in series with the conductor through which the current is flowing. The direction of current flow is from the positive terminal of the source to the negative terminal.