Boost Your SAT II Physics Score with Free Online Practice Questions

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty level of the SAT II physics test and resources for preparation. The speaker shares their personal experience of scoring well on the test despite having a difficult teacher and classmates not performing well on the AP exam. They also mention that the test is more conceptual and does not allow the use of a calculator. Finally, they recommend using the Sparknotes review book instead of Barron's.
a.soboh
Hi everybody

I solved today the questions that the college board put in it's free guide pdf. But these questions are very very easy! is this also the level of the real sat II physics test's questions?

Is there any free online source to prepare for this test??

Thanks a lot :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't worry, that exam is really easy. I didn't know anything about physics back in high school, had the worst teacher ever. Nobody in my class made above a 3 on the AP exam but I still got a 720 on the SATII. So if you know at all what you're doing you should be fine.

Is the SAT II test more computational or more conceptual?

It's conceptual, and if you're pretty good at physics you could very well get an 800 with no problem. I used the sparknotes review book and I found it pretty helpful. Barron's seemed more difficult than the actual SAT II and I feel like I wasted time because of their book.

What is the SAT II Physics exam?

The SAT II Physics exam is a standardized test designed to assess a student's knowledge of basic physics concepts and their ability to apply them to various problems. It is usually taken by high school students who wish to demonstrate their proficiency in physics to colleges and universities.

How many questions are on the SAT II Physics exam?

There are a total of 75 questions on the SAT II Physics exam. These questions are divided into five sections, each containing 15 questions. The sections cover topics such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, thermodynamics, and modern physics.

What is the format of the SAT II Physics exam?

The SAT II Physics exam is a multiple-choice test. Each question has four answer choices, of which only one is correct. Students are given one hour to complete the exam, and calculators are not allowed. The test is scored on a scale of 200-800, with 200 being the lowest possible score and 800 being the highest.

What topics are covered on the SAT II Physics exam?

The SAT II Physics exam covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, thermodynamics, and modern physics. Some specific concepts that may be tested include kinematics, forces, energy, electric circuits, light and sound waves, and nuclear reactions.

How can I prepare for the SAT II Physics exam?

There are several ways to prepare for the SAT II Physics exam. You can review your class notes and textbooks, take practice tests, and use study guides and review books. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions on the exam. Additionally, you can seek help from a tutor or join a study group to improve your understanding of difficult concepts.