Another circuit task, but tricky.

• Engineering
  • Thread starter lymos
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary: So just check that your sum is equal to 1.1V. Also, the yield of the voltaic element can be calculated by dividing the voltage drop across the external resistor (VR) by the total voltage (E), so yield = VR/E. In summary, the current in the circuit is 0.11A, the voltage drops across the external and internal portions are 0.99V and 0.11V respectively, and the yield of the voltaic element is 0.9.
lymos

Homework Statement

A voltaic element with electromotive voltage E=1,1V and with internal resistance r=1ohm, is connected to an external resistor with the resistance R=9ohm. Determine the current I which circulates in the circuit, also the falls of voltage on the external portion of the circuit VR and on the internal portion of the circuit Vr. Also, at what yield the voltaic element works?

Homework Equations

I=V/R

I=E/(r+R)

The Attempt at a Solution

The first step is easy, I mean calculating the I (I=E/(r+R)=1,1/(1+10)=0,11), but then I have some doubts.. Will it be right to calculate VR as VR=I*R and Vr as Vr=I*r? or maybe I must reduce something because it says: "the falls of voltage" so there should be a higher value and a smaller one.

Physics news on Phys.org
lymos said:

Homework Statement

A voltaic element with electromotive voltage E=1,1V and with internal resistance r=1ohm, is connected to an external resistor with the resistance R=9ohm. Determine the current I which circulates in the circuit, also the falls of voltage on the external portion of the circuit VR and on the internal portion of the circuit Vr. Also, at what yield the voltaic element works?

Homework Equations

I=V/R

I=E/(r+R)

The Attempt at a Solution

The first step is easy, I mean calculating the I (I=E/(r+R)=1,1/(1+10)=0,11), but then I have some doubts.. Will it be right to calculate VR as VR=I*R and Vr as Vr=I*r? or maybe I must reduce something because it says: "the falls of voltage" so there should be a higher value and a smaller one.

It looks like you are doing it correctly. You calculated the current correctly, so now you get each individual voltage drop across each resistor by multiplying the current by each individual resistance. You can check your answers, because the sum of the voltage drops across the resistors must equal the value of the voltage source, correct?

Related to Another circuit task, but tricky.

1. What is the purpose of this circuit task?

The purpose of this circuit task is to test your problem-solving skills and knowledge of circuit design by presenting a tricky challenge.

2. How difficult is this task compared to others?

This task is considered to be more difficult than others because it requires a higher level of critical thinking and creativity to solve.

3. Can I use any materials or resources to complete this task?

Yes, you can use any materials or resources that are allowed in the guidelines provided for this circuit task.

4. How much time do I have to complete this task?

The time allotted for this task may vary, so it is important to check the guidelines or ask the task instructor for the specific time limit.

5. What happens if I am unable to complete this task?

If you are unable to complete this task, it is important to communicate with your instructor and explain the challenges you faced. They may provide feedback or allow you to redo the task at a later time.