I am a new user of ansys 12 and i dont know if this program is

In summary, Ansys 12 is a widely used and popular FE program for mechanical engineering, with many universities in the UK using it due to its ease of use. While there is a learning curve when starting out with FE analysis, the skills acquired are transferable to other programs. Many industries also use Ansys, and the latest version, V12, has added new features. Overall, it is considered an excellent program with constant updates and improvements.
maxx_payne
i am a new user of ansys 12 and i don't know if this program is excellent or not but i think it will take me a long time to learn it so guyz do u find it great program or not ?

Engineering news on Phys.org

I would list between about 5 and 10 FE programs as "industry standard programs for mechanical engineering, used world-wide" and Ansys would certainly be on that list. In the UK it seems quite popular with universities, because it is quite easy to use compared with some other FE packages I could name!

When you first start on FE analysis there is a lot to learn, but most of the learning is about "how to do FE modelling in general", not "how to run a particular FE program", so most of what you learn will apply to any other FE program that you might use later on, and not just to Ansys.

I've seen it used far more in my industry than some of the others (Abaqus,Nastran,etc). As it being an excellent program, I think it absolutely is. V12 added a ton of new features that you can check out on their website. In fact, I believe 13 is out with some new features well.

1. Is ANSYS 12 suitable for beginners?

Yes, ANSYS 12 is suitable for beginners as it has a user-friendly interface and provides comprehensive tutorials and documentation to help new users get started.

2. Can ANSYS 12 handle complex simulations?

Yes, ANSYS 12 has advanced capabilities and features that allow for complex simulations and analysis. It is widely used in various industries for its ability to handle complex simulations.

3. Is ANSYS 12 compatible with all operating systems?

No, ANSYS 12 is only compatible with Windows operating systems. However, there are versions of ANSYS available for other operating systems such as Linux and macOS.

4. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience to use ANSYS 12?

While prior knowledge in engineering and simulation may be helpful, it is not necessary to use ANSYS 12. The software provides comprehensive tutorials and documentation to guide users through the simulation process.

5. Can I use ANSYS 12 for both structural and fluid analysis?

Yes, ANSYS 12 has capabilities for both structural and fluid analysis. It offers a wide range of tools and features to analyze and simulate various types of problems and systems.