What is the full form of TCC found in Dettol soaps?

• Thread starter chound
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Form
In summary, the full form of TCC found in Dettol soaps is N-(4-chlorophenyl)-N'-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea triclocarbanilide. This information was found through a search engine and also confirmed by a user on a forum. It is not a commonly known fact and may not be useful for school work.
chound

Chemistry news on Phys.org
N-(4-chlorophenyl)-N'-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea

triclocarbanilide

chound said:
chound, this is ridiculous. Surely, you can use a search engine!

Its an old post that nobody bothered to answer. I answered because I was intrigued enough to find out for myself what Dettol soap was all about. I probably shouldn't have bothered but I thought that it would be of little practical (school) use to him/her by this time so I didn't feel like I was doing homework for someone.

And my Merck was right there on the shelf...

See here too...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=154906

Related to What is the full form of TCC found in Dettol soaps?

1. What does TCC stand for in Dettol soaps?

TCC stands for Trichlorocarbanilide, which is an active ingredient in Dettol soaps.

2. What is the function of TCC in Dettol soaps?

TCC is an antimicrobial agent that helps to kill bacteria and other microorganisms in Dettol soaps.

3. Is TCC safe for use in Dettol soaps?

Yes, TCC has been approved by regulatory agencies for use in personal care products, including Dettol soaps. However, it is important to use products containing TCC as directed and avoid prolonged exposure.

4. What are the benefits of using TCC in Dettol soaps?

TCC helps to effectively clean and disinfect the skin, making it an ideal ingredient for soaps used for personal hygiene. It also helps to reduce the spread of germs and prevent infections.

5. Are there any alternatives to TCC in Dettol soaps?

Yes, there are other antimicrobial agents that can be used in place of TCC in Dettol soaps. Some common alternatives include triclosan, chloroxylenol, and benzalkonium chloride.