Chemical Process Flow Diagram Software

by Maylis
Tags: chemical, diagram, flow, process, software
Maylis
Feb15-14, 05:18 PM
P: 242
Hello,

Does anyone know of any free software that will allow me to easily create chemical process flow diagrams, that have all the symbols for various components (distillation columns, heat exchangers, etc)?

Thank you
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Fiber-optic microscope will help physicians detect cancer, diseases at early stages
Wind tunnel tests support improved aerodynamic design of B61-12 bomb
Smart sensor technology to combat indoor air pollution
Wellesley
Feb16-14, 09:02 PM
P: 267
Quote Quote by Maylis View Post
Hello,

Does anyone know of any free software that will allow me to easily create chemical process flow diagrams, that have all the symbols for various components (distillation columns, heat exchangers, etc)?

Thank you
It'd be painful, but MS Paint could do it. I'd really suggest getting a hold of MS Visio.
Maylis
Feb22-14, 07:20 PM
P: 242
I know there are programs that electrical engineers use to simulate circuits, I wonder why an analog for chemical processes doesn't exist?

Wellesley
Feb22-14, 08:40 PM
P: 267

Chemical Process Flow Diagram Software

Quote Quote by Maylis View Post
I know there are programs that electrical engineers use to simulate circuits, I wonder why an analog for chemical processes doesn't exist?
There are plenty of options, but none that I know of are free. I exclusively used Visio throughout school for making process flow diagrams.

Register to reply