Textbook problem - Applied Mechanics textbook ideas?

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of not having access to solutions for even numbered problems in the Applied Mechanics textbook being used. Possible solutions mentioned include finding alternative textbooks with solutions, asking the professor for assistance, utilizing online resources, and forming study groups with classmates.
Modest Learner
Textbook problem -- Applied Mechanics textbook ideas?

Due to in-availability of my textbook, I took a mechanics book by Egor Popov "Engineering Mechanics of Solids". The problem is, it doesn't have any answers for even numbered questions. One has to buy a solution manual to see them, which is as usual not available here.

Even my professor, for some unknown reasons tries to avoid my doubts from this book. He says that these are from solid mechanics. My course is Applied Mechanics.

Applied Mechanics = All Topics of Solid Mechanics - (Deflection of Beams + Theories of Failure)

These two are the last topics, and rest everything is same.

So basically, what should I do??

Physics news on Phys.org
I need a book with answers for even numbered questions.Some ideas that may help: 1. Look for other textbooks on Applied Mechanics that include solutions for even numbered problems. 2. Ask your professor to provide you with a solution manual or to suggest other textbooks with solutions. 3. Utilize online forums and websites dedicated to providing answers to textbook questions. 4. Utilize online tutorials and videos to help you understand and solve the problems yourself. 5. Find study groups and form study groups with classmates who can help each other understand and solve the problems.

1. What is applied mechanics?

Applied mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the application of mechanical principles to solve real-world engineering problems. It involves the study of how forces and motion affect different structures and materials.

2. Why is it important to study applied mechanics?

Studying applied mechanics is important because it provides a foundation for understanding how mechanical systems work and how to design and analyze them effectively. It also helps in developing problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities.

3. What are some common topics covered in an applied mechanics textbook?

Some common topics covered in an applied mechanics textbook include statics, dynamics, kinematics, mechanics of materials, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics. These topics cover the fundamental principles and laws that govern the behavior of mechanical systems.

4. How can I effectively study applied mechanics?

To effectively study applied mechanics, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic mathematics, physics, and engineering principles. It is also helpful to practice solving problems and applying concepts to real-world scenarios. Using visual aids, such as diagrams and animations, can also aid in understanding complex concepts.

5. Are there any real-world applications of applied mechanics?

Yes, there are many real-world applications of applied mechanics, such as designing and analyzing structures like bridges, buildings, and machines. It is also used in the fields of aerospace engineering, automotive engineering, and biomechanics, among others.