Oxide Coating: Q&A - What's the Correct Answer?

• Thread starter apchemstudent
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coating
In summary, the conversation revolves around a question regarding the correct answer to a multiple choice question. The participants express their opinions and suggest using Google to find the answer. The topic of the correct answer being aluminum, iron oxide being porous is also mentioned.
apchemstudent
i'm guessing the answer is d). I am really not sure about that though... Can someone explain to me what the correct answer is suppose to be and why? Thanks.

Attachments

• oxide question.jpg
    oxide question.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 422
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I'm guessing the aluminum, iron oxide is quite porous.

apchem, these are multiple choice questions, and it doesn't take more than a little Googling to find the correct answer - at least in this case.

Gokul43201 said:
apchem, these are multiple choice questions, and it doesn't take more than a little Googling to find the correct answer - at least in this case.

I suppose i'll try that later... but still lots of stuff to go through for now...

GCT said:
I'm guessing the aluminum, iron oxide is quite porous.

Thanks for answering

Related to Oxide Coating: Q&A - What's the Correct Answer?

What is an oxide coating?

An oxide coating is a thin layer of oxide that is applied to the surface of a material through a process called oxidation. This coating can provide protection against corrosion, wear, and other environmental factors.

What are some common materials used for oxide coating?

The most commonly used materials for oxide coating include metals such as aluminum, titanium, and iron. Other materials such as ceramics and polymers can also be used for oxide coating.

What are the benefits of using oxide coating?

Oxide coating can provide several benefits, including improved corrosion resistance, increased hardness and wear resistance, enhanced electrical insulation, and improved surface appearance. It can also help extend the lifespan of materials.

How is oxide coating applied?

Oxide coating can be applied through various methods such as chemical vapor deposition, physical vapor deposition, and thermal oxidation. The method used depends on the type of material being coated and the desired properties of the coating.

What factors should be considered when selecting an oxide coating?

When selecting an oxide coating, factors such as the type of material being coated, the desired properties of the coating, the application method, and the environmental conditions the coating will be exposed to should be taken into consideration. It is also important to consider the cost and feasibility of the coating process.