Are SAT/ACT Required for Transferring with an A.A. Degree in the US?

• Programs
  • Thread starter kaos86
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Degree
In summary, if you have an Associates in arts degree and are looking to transfer to a university in any American state, most universities do not require the SAT or ACT. However, a few universities may have this requirement, so it is important to check with the specific university you are interested in. It is recommended to take one of the tests beforehand to be prepared in case it is needed. Transferring to another university outside of your state should not affect your student loans.
kaos86
If I have an Associates in arts degree, do I have to take the SAT/ACT to transfer into any university in any American state? Also, I have student loans and if I transfer to another university outside of my state(Florida), does it effect my student loans?

Physics news on Phys.org
Most American universities don't require the SAT or ACT if you're a transfer, but a few do. I transferred to the University of Washington from a CC and had to take it. You'll have to check with the specific university that you're interested in, to learn what the requirements are.

If you aren't sure yet what school you will attend, you might want to take one of the tests now (if you can afford it), just in case. That way if it turns out you need it, you won't have to scramble.

I don't think your loans will be affected by transferring.

1. What is an A.A. Degree?

An A.A. Degree, or Associate of Arts Degree, is an undergraduate academic degree typically awarded after completing two years of study at a community college or university. It is a stepping stone towards a bachelor's degree and can also be used to enter the workforce in certain fields.

2. What are the benefits of having an A.A. Degree?

Having an A.A. Degree can open up a variety of opportunities, including transferring to a four-year university, obtaining entry-level positions in certain industries, and potentially earning a higher salary compared to those without a degree. Additionally, it can provide a solid foundation for further education and career advancement.

3. Can I transfer my A.A. Degree to a four-year university?

Yes, many community colleges have transfer agreements with four-year universities, making it easier to transfer credits and continue your education. However, it is important to research and plan ahead to ensure your credits will transfer and meet the requirements of your desired university.

4. What are the different types of A.A. Degrees?

There are various types of A.A. Degrees, including general transfer degrees, which provide a broad education for students planning to transfer to a four-year university. Other types may focus on specific areas of study, such as business, education, or healthcare. It is important to research and choose the type of A.A. Degree that aligns with your educational and career goals.

5. Can I get a job with just an A.A. Degree?

While an A.A. Degree may qualify you for entry-level positions in certain industries, it is important to keep in mind that many employers prefer or require a bachelor's degree for higher-level positions. However, an A.A. Degree can provide a solid foundation for further education and can make you a more competitive candidate in the job market.