Free Graphing Software for Polar Coordinates & Irreducable Functions

In summary, the conversation is about finding a powerful, free, downloadable graphing program that can graph polar coordinates without having to manually input the function. The options suggested are Polar Plot, a free package found at a given website, and Salford Fortran 90 compiler, which includes a graphing package and is highly recommended by the speaker.
HiPPiE
Hi,

I'm currently doing some work with black holes and I need a powerful graphing tool.

Are there any free, downloadable graphing programs that can graph polar coordinates without having to make r(t) = ...?

I have some irreducable functions I need to view.

Thanks!

Astronomy news on Phys.org
if u make such program u got to tell me when ur done and share it

There is a freebie called Polar Plot which you can find at: http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/

C/C++/Fortran compilers are free and they all have graphing pkges.excel.

Speaking of which, Salford has a free version of their Fortan 90 compiler which includes a graphing package. It's a serious system with a marvelous compiler - one of the best! (It can also integrate with .net so you can take advantage of all it has to offer.)

P.S. I just checked out the Polar Plot package I mentioned earlier - it's probably not suitable so don't bother.

Salford fortran 90? I'll check it out.

Thanks a lot!

Related to Free Graphing Software for Polar Coordinates & Irreducable Functions

1. What is free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions?

Free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions refers to computer programs or applications that allow users to create visual representations of mathematical functions in polar coordinates and with irreducible expressions. This type of software is typically available for download at no cost and can be used for educational, research, or personal purposes.

2. What are polar coordinates and irreducible functions?

Polar coordinates are a system of representing points in a two-dimensional space using a distance (r) and an angle (θ) from a fixed point. Irreducible functions, also known as prime functions, are mathematical expressions that cannot be simplified further. These types of functions are commonly found in advanced mathematical concepts such as calculus and differential equations.

3. What are the benefits of using free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions?

Free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions can be a useful tool for visualizing complex mathematical functions and understanding their behavior. It can also save time and effort in manually plotting points and drawing graphs by hand. Additionally, some software may offer additional features such as the ability to save and share graphs, perform calculations, and customize the appearance of the graph.

4. Are there any limitations to using free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions?

As with any software, there may be limitations to the capabilities of free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions. Some programs may have a limited range of functions or may not be able to handle extremely complex expressions. Additionally, some software may have a learning curve and may not be as user-friendly as paid versions.

5. How can I get started with using free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions?

To get started, you can search online for free graphing software for polar coordinates and irreducible functions and download a program that meets your needs. Many software programs also provide tutorials or user guides to help you get familiar with the features and functions. You can also explore online communities or forums to connect with other users and learn tips and tricks for using the software effectively.