Data delete after power off from my external hard drive type my passport 500 g.b

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem where data was deleted from an external hard drive after it was unplugged without properly closing all active connections. The expert advises that there is not much that can be done now and suggests using the "Safely remove drive" option in the task bar in the future. The person who originally asked for help shares that they were able to solve the issue by using a shadow user program.
shmlsur
thanks to read my message
after transfer my document and plug out my external hard " my passport 3.0 500 g.b " all data delete , please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
unfortunately there's not much you can do to resolve the problem. When you connect an external drive to the system, windows is actively reading and writing to the disk. If you do not close all active connections to the drive and simply disconnect the drive, there is a chance that it will cause a corruption on the external drive. This appears to have happened to your disk.
There isn't really much you can do about this now. All you can do is ensure that you disconnect drives in the correct procedure by using the "Safely remove drive" icon in your task bar.

thank you too much for your advice , i solve the problem , i use a shadow user program " just like a deep freez " , and this program deal with the external hard as a Part of partation C which I Freez it , any way thank u too much for your interest

1. How can I prevent my external hard drive from deleting data after power off?

In order to prevent your external hard drive from deleting data after power off, you can use a backup software or enable the "write protect" feature on your hard drive. This will ensure that your data remains safe even if the power is turned off.

2. Can I recover data that was deleted after power off on my external hard drive?

It is possible to recover data that was deleted after power off, but it depends on the specific circumstances. If the data was overwritten or corrupted, it may not be possible to recover it. It is always recommended to regularly backup your data to avoid potential loss.

3. Why does my external hard drive automatically delete data when I turn off the power?

This could be due to a power saving feature or setting on your hard drive, which is designed to conserve energy by automatically deleting data after a certain period of inactivity. You can check the settings on your hard drive to adjust or disable this feature.

4. Is it safe to leave my external hard drive connected to my computer when I turn off the power?

It is generally safe to leave your external hard drive connected to your computer when turning off the power. However, it is always recommended to properly eject the hard drive before disconnecting it to avoid any potential data loss or corruption.

5. How can I check if my external hard drive has a power saving feature that deletes data?

You can check the user manual or instructions for your specific external hard drive model to see if it has a power saving feature that automatically deletes data. You can also check the settings on your hard drive or contact the manufacturer for more information.