Frequency of suspension system of vehicle

In summary, the conversation discusses the frequency range of suspension systems and dampers for various types of vehicles, including 2 wheelers, 4 wheelers, and heavy vehicles. The speaker is looking for rough and approximate values for the frequency of spring suspension and dampers, both separately and when used in combination. They mention that the values may change depending on variables such as potholes and disruptions on the road. The speaker also mentions having a spring rate tester and the need to measure shocks on a shock dynometer. The conversation concludes with the speaker thanking someone named Mike and reiterating their need for values rather than measurements.
vivekdoulat
What is the frequency Range with which the suspension systems and damper of 2
wheelers, 4 wheelers and heavy vehicles, vibrate? I would like to have the values for each
i.e. frequency of spring suspension and damper separately and also when used in combination.
I have attached a excel sheet for the same.

Vehicle Type Spring suspension (Hz) Damper (Hz) Combined (Hz)

2 wheeler

4 wheeler

Heavy vehicle
vivekd@urdip.res.in

Attachments

• Frequency of vibration.xls
    18 KB · Views: 271
Engineering news on Phys.org
not that simple...spring and shock are acted upon by the track (road surface) now you have numerous variables like pot holes, cracks, rumble strips, tar patches and the like. what is your goal asking this question?

Eliminating major variables like potholes...
Considering normal road condition with usual disruptions and dents...I just want a rough and approximate values of each...more precisely i would like to know the frequency ranges...minimum to maximum...

i don't know about frequency ..i can measure the spring and give you wire diameter, height.most springs are rated in pound per inch compression..i have a spring rate tester..shocks must be measured on a shock dynometer..one thing about shocks..the rate will change as the shock heats up which is why chassis tuning in racing is so tuff.

Thanks Mike...but I need values...

1. What is the purpose of a suspension system in a vehicle?

The suspension system in a vehicle is responsible for providing a smooth and comfortable ride by absorbing shock and vibrations from the road surface. It also helps with vehicle stability and handling.

2. How often should the suspension system of a vehicle be checked?

It is recommended to have the suspension system checked at least once a year or every 12,000 miles. However, if you notice any changes in the vehicle's handling or ride quality, it is best to have it checked immediately.

3. What are some signs of a failing suspension system?

Some common signs of a failing suspension system include excessive bouncing or swaying while driving, uneven tire wear, difficulty steering, and a bumpy or uncomfortable ride.

4. How can I maintain the frequency of my vehicle's suspension system?

To maintain the frequency of your vehicle's suspension system, it is important to follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and have regular check-ups. You should also avoid overloading your vehicle and driving on rough roads whenever possible.

5. Can a suspension system be upgraded for better performance?

Yes, there are various aftermarket suspension upgrades available that can improve the performance and handling of your vehicle. It is important to do thorough research and consult with a professional before making any modifications to your suspension system.