How to Determine the Products of Chemical Reactions

In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling to come up with the formulas for spot tests in their intro chem class. They have the reactants but are unsure of the products and how to put them together. The student is seeking help on understanding the basics of this task and mentions that it is related to solubility rules.
ashine
I'm in an intro chem class right now and I honestly have no clue where I was when they talked about this BUT here goes... I have several spot tests that I have to come up with the formulas for, I have the reactants just have no clue what the products are. I understand how to balance formulas I just don't know the basics of how to put the damn things together... this is what I have so far (I have about 30 to figure out)-

Pb(NO3)2+K2CrO4→ _________
Pb(NO3)2+KSCN→ _________
Pb(NO3)2+NH4OH→ _________
Pb(NO3)2+DMG→ _________
Pb(NO3)2+HCl→ _________
Pb(NO )2+H2SO4→ _________

I'm not in anyway asking for just the answers I need to know how to actually do this. Thank you for your time and attention, any help is appreciated!

Chemistry news on Phys.org
These all are just about solubility rules.

1. What is a chemical reaction?

A chemical reaction is a process in which two or more substances (reactants) combine to form new substances (products) with different chemical and physical properties.

2. How do you determine the products of a chemical reaction?

To determine the products of a chemical reaction, you need to write and balance the chemical equation. This involves identifying the reactants and products, writing their chemical formulas, and ensuring that the number of atoms of each element on both sides of the equation is equal.

3. What factors can affect the products of a chemical reaction?

The products of a chemical reaction can be affected by various factors such as temperature, concentration of reactants, presence of a catalyst, and pressure (in the case of gases).

4. How do you predict the products of a chemical reaction?

The products of a chemical reaction can be predicted by using knowledge of the reactivity of different elements and their tendency to form certain types of compounds. Additionally, the type of reaction (e.g. synthesis, decomposition, single or double displacement) can also provide clues about the products.

5. Can the products of a chemical reaction be changed?

Yes, the products of a chemical reaction can be changed by altering the conditions of the reaction, such as temperature, concentration, and the presence of a catalyst. Additionally, changing the reactants or their ratios can also result in different products.