Any sites for intro to real analysis help?

In summary, real analysis is a branch of mathematics that focuses on the study of real numbers and their properties. It has applications in various fields and helps in developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Some good online resources for intro to real analysis help include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera. Common topics covered in an intro to real analysis course include sets and functions, limits and continuity, derivatives, integrals, sequences and series, and the fundamental theorem of calculus. To improve understanding, regular practice, seeking help from online resources or a tutor, and having a strong foundation in calculus and proof-writing skills are recommended.
semidevil
I know that this board will be really good...but I was wondering in terms of something to supplement my textbook...

do you guys know any sites w/ explanations and lectures, so I can understand teh topic better?

Physics news on Phys.org
here's one i was checking out a while back

http://www.shu.edu/projects/reals/reals.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Great site, thanks a lot! (Even though its acronym is IRA)

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is real analysis?

Real analysis is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of real numbers and their properties. It involves topics such as limits, continuity, differentiation, and integration.

2. Why is real analysis important?

Real analysis is important because it provides a foundation for many other branches of mathematics and has applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It also helps in developing critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

3. What are some good online resources for intro to real analysis help?

Some good online resources for intro to real analysis help include websites like Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera. There are also many helpful textbooks and lecture notes available for free online.

4. What are some common topics covered in an intro to real analysis course?

Common topics covered in an intro to real analysis course include sets and functions, limits and continuity, derivatives, integrals, sequences and series, and the fundamental theorem of calculus.

5. How can I improve my understanding of real analysis?

To improve your understanding of real analysis, it is important to practice regularly and work through problems. You can also seek help from online resources, study groups, or a tutor. It is also beneficial to have a strong foundation in calculus and mathematical proof-writing skills.