Solve My Chronic Symptoms: What Could Be Wrong?

• Thread starter bthamilton07
  • Start date
In summary: It is also a good idea to look up things on your own, there may be something you are not aware of that is causing your symptoms. The most common cause of chronic headaches is a tumor on the brain, and many people with headaches do not have tumors. Dizzy spells can also be caused by a number of things, one of which is a problem with blood pressure or a disorder in the brain that causes a decrease in blood flow. Memory problems can be caused by a number of things, including problems with the brain or problems with the nerves that control memory. Tingling in the feet can be caused by a number of things, including problems with the nerves that control the feet or problems with the spinal cord. Numbness in the
bthamilton07
Okay I am not sure where to start. I have no medical insurance, I had to cancel it to keep my checkbook from breaking. I have been to the doctor many times but none seem to think that there is a connection with any of my symptoms and I really believe that there is! However looking up things myself has resulted in nothing.

My symptoms are as follows:

Chronic Headaches (diagnosed as Chronic Cluster Headaches)

Dizzy Spells (no fainting though) was told that is because of my diet

always exhausted

bad memory (I have to write down everything to I forget it, most of the time it takes less than a min to forget it)

Tingling in my feet

Numbness in my pinky and ring finger on the right and left hands

Skin is redish/purpleish/blue from hands to my elbows unless I am very active

Blurred vision off and on

restlessness

Joint and Lower back pain

always extremely hot or cold when others are comfortable

I have been told many different reasons for all of these things. But I know that none of the reasons/causes fit to me. I have a really good diet. I always portion my food, eat extremely healthy. All my fruits and veggies. I plan all my meals out, and drink plenty of water and juices. I am in my BMI range, but towards the lower end. I exercise 2-3 times a week, only cardio though, not muscle building. All the advice I get and read does not seem to help. I am not sure what to do, or what it is. The only thing unhealthy I do is smoke. I do not drink, I do not do recreational drugs of any kind. I am confused and lost. The doc always has to take my blood pressure a couple of times to get an "acceptable" reading, and my temp seems to be low more often then normal. Even though I always feel like I have a temp, and I sweat in my sleep every night!

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong and how to fix any of this?

Biology news on Phys.org

I would recommend seeking out a medical professional for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis. It is important to have a trained medical expert assess your symptoms and determine the underlying cause. Your symptoms could be indicative of a number of different conditions, and it is important to rule out any potential serious health issues.

I understand that not having medical insurance can make this difficult, but there may be options available such as community health clinics or sliding-scale payment plans. Additionally, there are resources online where you can research low-cost or free clinics in your area.

In the meantime, it may be helpful to keep a symptom journal to track any patterns or triggers that may be contributing to your symptoms. This can also provide valuable information for your doctor.

As for your diet, while it may be healthy, it is important to make sure you are getting all the necessary nutrients and vitamins for your body to function properly. Consider consulting with a registered dietitian to ensure your diet is meeting your individual needs.

Lastly, smoking can have a significant impact on your health and could potentially be contributing to your symptoms. I would highly recommend considering quitting smoking and seeking support from a healthcare professional or support group.

In summary, I would encourage you to seek out medical help and not rely solely on self-diagnosis. It is important to address your symptoms and find the root cause in order to properly treat and manage them. I wish you the best of luck in finding answers and improving your health.

1. What are the most common chronic symptoms that may indicate a larger health issue?

Some common chronic symptoms that may indicate a larger health issue include persistent fatigue, unexplained weight loss or gain, chronic pain or discomfort, changes in bowel or bladder habits, and recurring infections.

2. How can I determine if my chronic symptoms are indicative of a specific medical condition?

If you are experiencing chronic symptoms, it is important to consult with a medical professional for a proper diagnosis. They may perform various tests and examinations to determine the cause of your symptoms and any underlying medical conditions.

3. What factors can contribute to the development of chronic symptoms?

There are many factors that can contribute to the development of chronic symptoms, including genetics, lifestyle choices, environmental factors, and preexisting health conditions.

4. Are there any lifestyle changes that can help alleviate chronic symptoms?

In some cases, lifestyle changes such as maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, managing stress levels, and getting enough sleep can help alleviate chronic symptoms. However, it is important to consult with a medical professional for personalized recommendations.

5. Is it possible for chronic symptoms to be caused by a mental health issue?

Yes, chronic symptoms can sometimes be caused by mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, or stress. It is important to discuss any mental health concerns with a medical professional to determine the best course of treatment.