Problem with Post on PhysicsForums

• Thread starter ehrenfest
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around two problems: a latex generation failure and a bug causing extra lines to be added when previewing a post. The issue with the latex generation was resolved by adding a closing brace, but the bug causing extra lines remained. The poster was embarrassed by this mistake and asked if there was a way to avoid bothering others with known bugs in the future.
Physics news on Phys.org
You need another closing brace after both your "partial{y}", I think.

Yes. How embarrassing! So only the macro is a problem now.

That is a bug. But it's not a terrible inconvenience. Can you not edit your post and delete the extra lines?

OK. Thanks. Is there a way I could have known that this was a known bug and avoided annoying you with my post?

What is the "Problem with Post on PhysicsForums" feature?

The "Problem with Post on PhysicsForums" feature is a tool designed for users to report any issues or concerns they have with a specific post on the PhysicsForums website. It allows for a quick and easy way to notify moderators and administrators about any problems that may arise.

How do I use the "Problem with Post on PhysicsForums" feature?

To use this feature, simply click on the "Report" button located at the bottom right corner of the post. This will bring up a form where you can enter your report and submit it to the moderators for review. It is important to provide as much detail as possible in your report to help the moderators address the issue effectively.

What types of issues can I report using the "Problem with Post on PhysicsForums" feature?

You can report a wide range of issues using this feature, including spam, inappropriate content, technical issues, or any other concerns you may have about a particular post. The moderators will review each report and take necessary action to address the issue.

Can I report multiple posts using the "Problem with Post on PhysicsForums" feature?

Yes, you can report multiple posts using this feature. Simply click on the "Report" button for each post you want to report and fill out the form provided. This will send individual reports for each post to the moderators for review.

What happens after I submit a report using the "Problem with Post on PhysicsForums" feature?

After you submit a report, the moderators will review it and take appropriate action. This may include removing the post, issuing a warning to the user, or contacting them for further clarification. You will not receive a response to your report, but rest assured that the moderators will address the issue as soon as possible.