Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog

In summary, flowers in nature can be part of the ecosystem or not, and can be invasive if not kept in check.

Vote! PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog

• Andre

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • matthyaouw

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • robphy

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mk
What makes you feel better when you are sick?. Vote for our photo contest winner this week.

1. Andre
mainau1.PNG

2. matthyaouw
715439242_19ba57bf67_o.jpg

3. robphy
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1986/pfphotosickasadogmz2.jpg

<https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=232956">

Thanks to each of you that participated :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Gone for Andre's fresh air and sunshine. Beautiful pic, and that pink goo makes me feel a little queasy looking at it.

Pink goo for being a nifty photograph and funny for its literalism.

stunning tulips, lake and mountains!

Nice shot Andre.

matthyaouw's picture just made me feel wonderful, I have always wanted a garden path like that.

Beautiful shot Andre.

Evo said:
I have always wanted a garden path like that.

Can I lead you down the garden path? :biggrin:

I vote for the pink goo. That's just plain funny.

Andre wins for me.. that is a beautiful picture.

It has a Swiss feel to it for some reason, it reminds me of a view of lake Geneva.

I'm shocked to find Matthyaouw only has two votes.

Haha! Top 3 get their names in the winners thread! Congrats all I guess.

Thanks all, That picture was made here:

47.70345N 9.19864E

Copy paste that in Google Earth. The tulips were in the big square flower bed.

Consider to put that place on the short list to visit when in Europe. It's worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks Evo & Kurdt :smile:
I would have loved a garden like that before learning some ecology, as now I know that the pink flowers are an invasive species that will most likely spread and choke out the forest and acidify the soil to the extent that nothing else will ever grow there :frown:

matthyaouw said:
Thanks Evo & Kurdt :smile:
I would have loved a garden like that before learning some ecology, as now I know that the pink flowers are an invasive species that will most likely spread and choke out the forest and acidify the soil to the extent that nothing else will ever grow there :frown:
They look like rhododendrons. What are they?

Definitely rhododendron. It's the season, they're blooming all over the place.

Aren't the flowers part of the ecosystem?

Not part of this one :tongue2:

Someone find out where the photo was, google Earth takes ages to dwnload!

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the purpose of the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog"?

The purpose of the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog" is to encourage pet owners to share their photos of their sick dogs and raise awareness about common health issues in dogs.

2. How can I participate in the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog"?

To participate in the contest, you can submit a photo of your sick dog to the designated contest platform. Make sure to follow the guidelines and rules provided by the contest organizers.

3. What are the criteria for judging in the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog"?

The criteria for judging in the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog" may vary, but typically it includes creativity, originality, and relevance to the theme. The judges may also consider the story behind the photo and the overall impact of the image.

4. Can I vote for more than one photo in the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog"?

It depends on the rules set by the contest organizers. Some contests allow multiple votes, while others only allow one vote per person. Make sure to read the guidelines carefully before casting your vote.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog"?

The prizes for the winners of the "Vote PF PHOTO CONTEST - Sick as a Dog" may vary, but typically they include cash prizes, gift cards, or pet-related products. Some contests also offer the opportunity for the winning photo to be featured on their website or social media platforms.