Import Proteus Schematic to Orcad for PCB Layout

• Thread starter nadinemaalouf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pcb
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of importing a schematic (.dsn file) from Proteus and using it in OrCAD. One person suggests using the Capture CIS, while another shares their experience working on the layout of OrCAD. They advise creating a schematic and making an MNL file, which can then be used to design the PCB. There are also specifications for component size that will be asked before implementing the design. The conversation ends with a thank you.
nadinemaalouf
hello,
how can i import the schematic (.dsn file) from proteus, and use it in orcad?
thanks for your answers

Engineering news on Phys.org
i think u can't ... but i am not sure u should use the capture cis...try it

hi nadine ... i was studying pcb circuits and how to make them at home.but i stopped on the capture cis only and didn't continue the layout so i sent an email to my dr. at the university and hope he is going to respond soon...(by the way r u lebanese?)

hi nadine i work before on layout of orcad , so if u want to make out of circuit u only to make schematic for the circuit then make mnl file from schematic then brouwse from layout for this file then run it, it will make the pcp design , there are some specification done for the size components used will ask u before it implement the design

i will try that
thank you

1. How do I import a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout?

To import a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout, you will need to export the schematic from Proteus as a netlist file. In Proteus, go to File > Export > Netlist and select the Orcad netlist format. Then, in Orcad, go to File > Import > Netlist and select the file you exported from Proteus. This will import the schematic into Orcad for PCB layout.

2. Can I import a Proteus schematic into Orcad without losing any data?

Yes, it is possible to import a Proteus schematic into Orcad without losing any data. However, it is important to make sure that the netlist format you export from Proteus is compatible with Orcad. If there are any components or connections that are not supported by Orcad, they may not be imported correctly.

3. What are the advantages of importing a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout?

Importing a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout allows you to take advantage of the advanced PCB design features in Orcad. This includes features such as high-speed routing, differential pair routing, and design rule checking. Orcad also has a larger library of components and symbols, which can save you time when creating your PCB layout.

4. Are there any limitations to importing a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout?

There may be some limitations to importing a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout. As mentioned earlier, some components or connections may not be supported by Orcad and may not be imported correctly. Additionally, Orcad may not support all of the simulation models used in Proteus, so you may need to manually add these to your Orcad design.

5. Can I import a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout if I don't have the original Proteus file?

No, you cannot import a Proteus schematic into Orcad for PCB layout if you do not have the original Proteus file. The netlist file that is exported from Proteus is only compatible with Orcad if it is matched with the original Proteus schematic file. If you do not have the original file, you will need to recreate the schematic in Orcad manually.