Program / Software for class notes and summaries

In summary, someone is looking for a software or program that allows for quick sketching and writing as if using a pencil. Suggestions include Windows Journal, Google Sketch Up, and MS OneNote.
An1MuS
Hi there,

does anyone know a software or program that i can use to quickly sketch / draw and write as if i was writing in pencil ?

For instance, paint is of no use, because it can't be edited. Photoshop is kind of hard to simply make straight or curvy lines without too much trouble.

So, any ideas?

Computer science news on Phys.org
If you are running Windows 7 or Vista, you can use Windows Journal (which is part of the installation).
It works better if you have a stylus...
e.g., with a Wacom tablet... or better: a real TabletPC.

You could try google sketch up. I found it awkward to use, but maybe your better with programmes like that than me.

An1MuS said:
Hi there,

does anyone know a software or program that i can use to quickly sketch / draw and write as if i was writing in pencil ?

For instance, paint is of no use, because it can't be edited. Photoshop is kind of hard to simply make straight or curvy lines without too much trouble.

So, any ideas?

My son is using MS OneNote and seems to like it. It's a planner and note taking software package.

I would recommend using a program like Microsoft OneNote or Evernote for taking class notes and creating summaries. These programs allow you to easily sketch and draw using a stylus or mouse, and also offer editing capabilities. They also have features such as organization and search functions, making it easy to find and review your notes. Additionally, both programs have options for creating straight or curvy lines, making it easier for you to create diagrams and illustrations. I hope this helps in your search for the perfect program for your note-taking needs.

1. What is a program/software for class notes and summaries?

A program or software for class notes and summaries is a digital tool that allows students to take and organize notes, create summaries, and review class materials. It can also include features such as highlighting, annotating, and collaborating with other students.

2. How can a program/software for class notes and summaries benefit me?

Using a program/software for class notes and summaries can help you stay organized, save time, and improve your study habits. It can also provide a more efficient way to review class materials and collaborate with classmates.

3. Is there a cost associated with using a program/software for class notes and summaries?

Some programs/software for class notes and summaries may require a one-time purchase or subscription fee, while others may be free to use. It's important to research and compare different options to find one that fits your budget and needs.

4. Can I access my notes and summaries from multiple devices?

Many programs/software for class notes and summaries offer cloud storage, which allows you to access your notes and summaries from any device with an internet connection. This can be helpful for studying on-the-go or switching between devices.

5. Are there any security concerns with using a program/software for class notes and summaries?

Most programs/software for class notes and summaries have built-in security measures to protect your data. However, it's always a good idea to research the privacy policies and security features of any program/software before using it.