Delete PF Profile | Email Removal Guide

• Complaint
  • Thread starter LudusRex
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person wanting to delete their profile on PF (possibly a forum or website). They are having trouble finding the delete button and ask for assistance on how to delete their profile or remove their email address from the mailing list. Suggestions are given to either stop logging in or change their subscription settings to stop receiving emails. The conversation ends with the person thanking others for their prompt replies and resolving the issue.
LudusRex
Hello,

I want to delete my profile. I have scanned all of the obvious places for the delete button, but I can not find one. How do I delete my profile or, at the very least, remove my email address from PF's mailing list?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
LudusRex said:
Hello,

I want to delete my profile. I have scanned all of the obvious places for the delete button, but I can not find one. How do I delete my profile or, at the very least, remove my email address from PF's mailing list?

Thanks.

When do you get e-mails from the PF? Are they about replies to threads that you've subscribed to? You can remove your subscriptions from within your Profile page.

Or if you just stop logging in, then eventually you'll stop getting mails.
If you want to stop getting mail now, then you can unsubscribe like Berkeman suggests.

I get them infrequently. I have unsubscribed from all the threads. It would really do my psyche some good if you would delete this account, berkeman.

Thanks for replying so quickly.

berkeman said:
When do you get e-mails from the PF? Are they about replies to threads that you've subscribed to? You can remove your subscriptions from within your Profile page.

I found this was enabled in your Profile page:

Automatic Thread Subscription Mode = Instant Email Notification

Turn that off in your profile, and you should be good to go. You already have:

Receive PF Admin Emails = No

micromass said:
Or if you just stop logging in, then eventually you'll stop getting mails.
If you want to stop getting mail now, then you can unsubscribe like Berkeman suggests.

Not in my case. I finally logged in today and the box in the upper-right corner said "You last visited: Oct23-10 at 09:08 PM" which I think qualifies as eventually.

Thanks everyone!

What is a "Delete PF Profile" and why would I need to use it?

A "Delete PF Profile" is a feature that allows you to permanently remove your profile from a particular website or service. This may be necessary if you no longer wish to use the service or if you want to protect your personal information.

How do I delete my PF profile?

The specific steps for deleting your PF profile will vary depending on the website or service. In most cases, you can find an option to delete your profile within your account settings or privacy settings. If you are unable to find this option, you can contact the website's customer support for assistance.

Will deleting my PF profile also delete my personal information?

Deleting your PF profile does not automatically delete all of your personal information. However, it may remove some of your personal information from the website or service. To ensure that your information is completely removed, you may need to manually delete any additional data that you have shared on the website.

Is deleting my PF profile permanent?

Yes, deleting your PF profile is a permanent action. Once you delete your profile, you will not be able to access it or any associated information. It is important to make sure that you truly want to delete your profile before proceeding.

Are there any consequences to deleting my PF profile?

Deleting your PF profile may have consequences, such as losing access to certain features or content on the website. Additionally, if you have any active subscriptions or memberships associated with your profile, these may be cancelled or terminated. It is important to carefully review the consequences before deleting your profile.