I.E Irodov Problems in Physics

In summary, the conversation revolved around a book that is known to have very tough physics problems. One person has heard a lot about it and is considering buying it, while another has seen it but is hesitant to open it due to fear of not being able to solve the problems. They also compare it to another book with tough problems and mention that it comes with a solution manual. Overall, the book is highly recommended despite its challenging content.
Shoku Z
How tough is that book?I have heard a lot about it from my friends.They say it has the toughest physics problems.Is it really that tough?I've seen that book,looks scary but have never opened it because I fear I won't be able to solve them and I will get humiliated in front of others.I am thinking about buying it but I have a lot of physics books already.And is it tougher than Klepnner-Kolenkow's An Introduction to Mechanics?It has the hardest problems I've ever seen.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well it does has tough problems, butr it has solution manual too. Buy it, totally recomended

1. What is I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" about?

I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" is a comprehensive collection of challenging physics problems for students and teachers. It covers a wide range of topics from mechanics and thermodynamics to electricity and magnetism, and is designed to help students develop their problem-solving skills and deepen their understanding of physics concepts.

2. Who is the target audience for I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics"?

The target audience for I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" is students and teachers of physics, particularly those preparing for competitive exams such as the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). It is also a valuable resource for anyone interested in mastering physics problem-solving techniques.

3. Are the problems in I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" suitable for beginners?

No, the problems in I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" are not suitable for beginners. They are intended for students who have a good understanding of basic physics concepts and are looking to challenge themselves with more difficult problems. It is recommended to first build a strong foundation in physics before attempting these problems.

4. Can I use I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" as a textbook for my physics course?

No, I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" is not meant to be used as a textbook. It is a supplementary resource for students to practice and enhance their problem-solving skills. It is recommended to use this book alongside a comprehensive textbook or course material.

5. Are the solutions to the problems in I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" available?

Yes, solutions to the problems in I.E Irodov's book "Problems in Physics" are available in various formats, including a separate solution manual and online resources. It is important to attempt the problems first before referring to the solutions in order to fully benefit from the learning experience.