Welcome to the Forum! Learn About Cavity Resonance Here.

In summary, the conversation discusses a new member's interest in learning about cavity resonators and their ability to calculate fields within the cavity using Maxwell's electromagnetic equations. The member also mentions using Google Translate due to their limited English proficiency. Links to articles on the topic are provided for further understanding.
mehdi87
hello
I am a new member in this forum , and I want to learn well with you...sorry I speak little English,so I use google traductor , i speak french , but with french unfortunately there is a little information!
now
what is a cavity resonant ? and how to write equations for field within...i know maxwell's equation electromagnetic
thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
mehdi87 said:
hello
I am a new member in this forum , and I want to learn well with you...sorry I speak little English,so I use google traductor , i speak french , but with french unfortunately there is a little information!
now
what is a cavity resonant ? and how to write equations for field within...i know maxwell's equation electromagnetic
thank you

Welcome to the PF.

Does this introductory article help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resonant_cavity#Cavity_resonators

thank you berkman
Can you give me something to show that the method allows us to calculate the fields within the cavity.
and sorry , i use google traductor

for joining the forum and expressing your interest in learning more about cavity resonance. Cavity resonance is a phenomenon that occurs when electromagnetic waves become trapped inside a confined space, creating a standing wave pattern. This can happen in various types of cavities, such as a microwave oven or a radio antenna. The equations for the electromagnetic field within a cavity can be derived from Maxwell's equations, which describe the behavior of electromagnetic waves. I recommend looking into resources that explain these equations in more detail, such as textbooks or online tutorials. Feel free to ask any specific questions you may have in the forum, and other members will be happy to help. Happy learning!

1. What is a cavity resonance?

A cavity resonance is a phenomenon that occurs when sound waves become trapped and amplified within a confined space or cavity, resulting in a distinct and often amplified sound.

2. How does cavity resonance work?

Cavity resonance works by reflecting sound waves back and forth within a confined space, causing them to amplify and produce a distinct resonance frequency. This frequency is determined by the size and shape of the cavity.

3. What are some examples of cavity resonance?

Some examples of cavity resonance include a wine glass producing a high-pitched sound when a finger is rubbed along its rim, or the booming sound inside a hollow drum.

4. How is cavity resonance useful?

Cavity resonance has various applications in science, engineering, and everyday life. It helps in creating musical instruments, amplifying sound in theaters and concert halls, and detecting and studying seismic waves in the Earth's crust.

5. How can I learn more about cavity resonance?

There are many resources available to learn more about cavity resonance, including scientific articles, books, and online tutorials. You can also conduct your own experiments with different cavities and sound sources to better understand this phenomenon.