Running Programs on ti-89 titanium

In summary, the 89 Titanium edition can support basic edition programs, but you may get a syntax error if the program has one.
Will_teare
I am using a ti-89 titanium for maths this year(my first graphics calculator) and in class we covered some basic programming for ti-84(the minimum calculator for this year). I made some basic formulae programs but now i can't find how to run them. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Computer science news on Phys.org
When I download programs, that I need to run later on, I simply do 2nd then hit the minus key to access var-link. From here I see all the programs, text files and so on that my 89 has. Programs usually have PRGM extension and text files have FLIO extension as seen from the var-link window. The 89 does not complete the syntax for running the program in your HOME screen. You usually have to close the parenthesis for the program to work.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
I have found the varlink screen and it is showing the programs that i made and they have a prgm extension, however it will not let me acess these in any way. How do i close the "parenthesis"? I am only doing grade 9 maths this year and i am completely new to programming and graphics calcuators.

When you find the desired program, just highlight it using the arrow keys and hit enter. This will then take you to your Home screen where you see the name of your program in the format like so:
directory_name/program_name(

You must close the parenthesis or you will get a syntax error.
directory_name/program_name()

when i go into var-link i can see the two prorgams i have written but i hit enter and it takes me to my apps screen however there is no program name or any directory or the like. Should i be pressing enter when the program is highlighted? Would it be something to do with faulty programming?

Thats how you would usually do it. Highlight the program and hit enter. This should then take you to your Home screen and not your apps screen. As far as programming does, I'm not sure if the 84 programming you learned will work. I don't really do programming on the TI calcs. But even if your program does have an error, usually the program editor will open up and take you to the error whenever you try to execute a buggy program.

Hi, had a quick question: are TI 89 Basic edition programs supported by the ti 89 titanium edition? I believe this may be a stupid question, but an answer would be highly valued. Thank you very much in advance.

1. What is the process for running programs on the ti-89 titanium?

The process for running programs on the ti-89 titanium varies depending on the program. Generally, you will need to transfer the program file to your calculator using a USB cable or through a computer software. Once the program is on your calculator, you can access it through the "Apps" menu and run it like any other application.

2. Can I create my own programs on the ti-89 titanium?

Yes, you can create your own programs on the ti-89 titanium using the built-in programming language called TI-BASIC. This language allows you to write and execute custom programs to perform specific calculations or tasks.

3. How do I edit or modify existing programs on the ti-89 titanium?

To edit or modify existing programs on the ti-89 titanium, you can use the "Edit" option in the "Apps" menu. This will allow you to view and make changes to the code of the program. Make sure to save your changes before exiting the editor.

4. Is it possible to run programs written in other languages on the ti-89 titanium?

No, the ti-89 titanium only supports programs written in TI-BASIC or assembly language. However, you can use third-party software to convert programs written in other languages into TI-BASIC code for use on the calculator.

5. How can I troubleshoot if a program is not running correctly on the ti-89 titanium?

If a program is not running correctly on the ti-89 titanium, try checking for any syntax errors in the code. You can also try resetting your calculator or reinstalling the program. If the issue persists, it may be a compatibility issue with the program and your calculator's operating system.