Is this textbook example incorrect?

In summary, a textbook example can be considered incorrect if it contains outdated information, errors in data or calculations, or presents an oversimplified or biased view of a concept. To determine if a textbook example is incorrect, cross-check the information with other reliable sources and critically analyze the content. It is important to question the accuracy of textbook examples because they form the foundation for understanding a concept. If you find an incorrect textbook example, bring it to the attention of your teacher or professor. While a textbook example can be considered completely correct, it is always important to critically evaluate information, even from reliable sources, as scientific knowledge is constantly evolving.
kl055

Homework Statement

Capture.jpg

Homework Equations

I got 4.5*10^22 /m^3 using the exact numbers that they used...

which gives 4.5*10^16 /cm^3Is there some intermediate step which was not shown? ie. the numerical answer given by the equation is in some other unit which was converted to /m^3?

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
wait, I think I made a mistake on my handheld calc

I used this intead and got
https://defuse.ca/big-number-calculator.htm
(8*3.14*((2*9.11*10^31)^1.5)/(3*(6.625*10^-34)^3))*(1.6*10^-19)^1.5
=4.5 325 569 071 841 6e+ 120

Last edited:
nevermind, mr Donald neaman forgot a negative sign in front of the ^31...

1. What makes a textbook example incorrect?

A textbook example can be considered incorrect if it contains outdated information, errors in data or calculations, or presents an oversimplified or biased view of a concept.

2. How can I tell if a textbook example is incorrect?

You can tell if a textbook example is incorrect by cross-checking the information with other reliable sources and critically analyzing the content for any inconsistencies or inaccuracies.

3. Why is it important to question the accuracy of textbook examples?

It is important to question the accuracy of textbook examples because they are often used as the foundation for understanding a concept. Inaccurate information can lead to a misunderstanding of the topic and hinder the learning process.

4. What should I do if I find an incorrect textbook example?

If you find an incorrect textbook example, you should bring it to the attention of your teacher or professor. They can address the issue and provide the correct information to the class.

5. Can a textbook example ever be considered completely correct?

It is possible for a textbook example to be considered completely correct, but it is important to remember that scientific knowledge is constantly evolving and new information may arise that challenges previously accepted theories. It is always important to critically evaluate information, even from reliable sources.