Maximizing Benefits as a Member of a Scientific Forum

In summary: PF and EE?PF is short for Physics Forums (this website), and EE is short for electrical engineer (your chosen handle in these forums). And AFAIK (as far as I know), there is a broad mix of experience among the folks that visit this forum. Everything from high school kids who are interested in electronics, to working EEs like myself, to PhD's in EE and Physics who browse the forums. This is a fun place to learn and contribute.
electronic engineer
Hello all! I study electronic engineering, i want really to be an active memeber at this forum, but how could i get a benefit of this forum!

If I wanted to ask about PCB or attach an eagle layout file for some correcting or for take advise from some memebers, would that be possible?!

anyway, thanks in advance!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, EE. If I understand your question correctly, yes, we'd be happy to help with your questions. Please keep in mind two things. First, if it is a homework question, that should be posted in the homework forums on PF. And as for posting Eagle layout files, it's best to choose a file format that everybody can read, like a PDF or a Word document. You can get a free PDF writer from PrimoPDF.com, for example, or you can use the Copy-Paste technique to paste a copy of your layout drawing into Word.

berkeman said:
Welcome to PF, EE. If I understand your question correctly, yes, we'd be happy to help with your questions. Please keep in mind two things. First, if it is a homework question, that should be posted in the homework forums on PF. And as for posting Eagle layout files, it's best to choose a file format that everybody can read, like a PDF or a Word document. You can get a free PDF writer from PrimoPDF.com, for example, or you can use the Copy-Paste technique to paste a copy of your layout drawing into Word.

thanks for your reply! what did you mean by PF and EE?

I might send eagle layout files as JPG or PNG extensions, if that's possible!

Another question please , Are the members at this forum engineers or high level education or just have some experiences...

thanks a lot, best regarads!

electronic engineer.

electronic engineer said:
thanks for your reply! what did you mean by PF and EE?
LOL. PF is short for Physics Forums (this website), and EE is short for electrical engineer (your chosen handle in these forums). And AFAIK (as far as I know), there is a broad mix of experience among the folks that visit this forum. Everything from high school kids who are interested in electronics, to working EEs like myself, to PhD's in EE and Physics who browse the forums. This is a fun place to learn and contribute.

1. What is electronic engineering?

Electronic engineering is a field of study that deals with the design, development, and application of electronic devices, systems, and circuits. It involves the use of electrical and electromagnetic principles to create, manipulate, and transmit information using electronic devices.

2. What are the job opportunities for electronic engineering graduates?

Electronic engineering graduates have a wide range of job opportunities in various industries such as telecommunications, aerospace, defense, healthcare, and manufacturing. They can work as electronic engineers, design engineers, research and development engineers, systems engineers, and many more.

3. What skills are required to study electronic engineering?

To study electronic engineering, it is essential to have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science. Students should also have good analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a creative and innovative mindset. Additionally, having hands-on experience with electronic components and circuits is beneficial.

4. What are the core subjects in electronic engineering?

The core subjects in electronic engineering include circuit analysis, electronics, digital systems, microprocessors, communication systems, control systems, and signal processing. Students will also learn about programming languages, circuit design software, and laboratory techniques.

5. What are the future prospects for electronic engineering?

The future prospects for electronic engineering are promising, as the demand for electronic devices and systems continues to grow in various industries. With advancements in technology, electronic engineers will play a crucial role in developing innovative solutions for modern-day challenges. Additionally, electronic engineering is a constantly evolving field, providing opportunities for continuous learning and growth.