Storing Formulas on Sharp EL-531W Calculator

• Thread starter alex_boothby
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Formulas
In summary, to store a formula on your Sharp EL-531W calculator, use the "STO" button and enter the formula followed by the desired storage location. The calculator can store up to 9 formulas at a time in locations labeled A through F and M1 through M4. You can edit or delete stored formulas by recalling them and using the "STO" or "CLR" buttons. Stored formulas can also be used in other calculations and will be saved even when the calculator is turned off, but it is recommended to double check their accuracy before using them.
alex_boothby
is it possible to store formulas in a calculator, i have a sharp el-531w

thank you

Computer science news on Phys.org
Most often, Google is your friend.

On a serious note though. You should NEVER store formaule in a calculator (or have them written somewhere) for that matter. You won't learn them and you will, with the lack of better words, fail.

You can't store formulas in a scientific calculator, you'll need a graphing calculator like a Ti-83+ for this.

1. How do I store a formula on my Sharp EL-531W calculator?

To store a formula on your calculator, you will need to use the "STO" button. First, enter the formula using the appropriate keys and symbols. Then, press the "STO" button followed by the letter or number you want to use as the storage location. Your formula will now be stored and can be easily accessed by pressing the corresponding letter or number.

2. How many formulas can I store on my calculator?

The Sharp EL-531W calculator has a total of 9 storage locations, labeled A through F and M1 through M4. This means you can store up to 9 different formulas at a time.

3. Can I edit or delete a stored formula?

Yes, you can edit or delete a stored formula on your calculator. To edit a formula, simply recall the formula by pressing the corresponding letter or number, make your changes, and then press the "STO" button to save the updated formula. To delete a formula, simply recall the formula and then press the "CLR" button twice to clear the storage location.

4. Can I use stored formulas in other calculations?

Yes, you can use stored formulas in other calculations on your calculator. Simply recall the formula by pressing the corresponding letter or number, and then continue with your calculation using the stored formula as part of the equation.

5. Will my stored formulas be saved when I turn off my calculator?

Yes, your stored formulas will be saved when you turn off your calculator. The Sharp EL-531W calculator has a memory function that allows stored formulas to be saved even when the calculator is turned off. However, it is always recommended to double check your stored formulas before using them to ensure they are still accurate.