Devising a Circuit with SCR Controlled by Agilent Vee

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of an SCR in a circuit controlled by Agilent Vee and the confusion around its properties. The speaker is unsure about how the SCR "fires" and its effect on an AC circuit. They have looked for information online but are still struggling to understand how to produce the desired output.
tanky322
This really isn't a homework problem, but it is somewhat. Please move it if you see fit.

I need to devise a circuit with an scr in it, to be controlled using Agilent Vee.

Unfortunatley my teacher isn't the best, and I am not completely sure on the properties of SCR's.

I understand that at a particular voltage and current the SCR will "fire". Does this just mean that it turns on when that voltage is applied? Which would make it cut out all of the negative wave lengths on an AC circuit?

In the attached picture it shows the postive wave being altered, does this happen as you increase the voltage applied to the gate?

Ive been scouring the internet and I am still lost!

Attachments

• Regulated_rectifier.gif
    Regulated_rectifier.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 438
Physics news on Phys.org
Ive read that a bunch of times, maybe something just isn't clicking. I still don't understand how to produce what's in the picture.

anyone?

What is an SCR?

An SCR, or silicon-controlled rectifier, is a semiconductor device that acts as an electric switch. It can control the flow of electricity in a circuit by allowing current to pass through only when a specific voltage is applied to its gate terminal.

What is Agilent Vee?

Agilent Vee is a software program developed by Agilent Technologies that allows users to create and automate electronic test and measurement systems. It is commonly used in research and development labs, quality control, and production testing.

How do you devise a circuit with SCR controlled by Agilent Vee?

To devise a circuit with SCR controlled by Agilent Vee, you will need to design the circuit using a schematic diagram. Then, using Agilent Vee, you can create a program that will control the SCR by sending signals to its gate terminal. The program can also monitor the output of the SCR to ensure that it is functioning correctly.

What are the advantages of using Agilent Vee to control an SCR?

Using Agilent Vee to control an SCR offers several advantages. It allows for precise and accurate control of the SCR, which can be beneficial in applications where precise timing is necessary. Additionally, the software provides a user-friendly interface for creating and running the program, making it easier to troubleshoot and modify if needed.

What are some potential applications of a circuit with SCR controlled by Agilent Vee?

A circuit with SCR controlled by Agilent Vee can be used in a variety of applications, such as power supplies, motor control, lighting control, and temperature control. It can also be used in electronic testing and measurement systems to automate the testing process.