Can Someone Verify My Calc 3 Practice Exam Solutions?

In summary, Calculus 3 is a branch of math that deals with functions of multiple variables, building upon concepts from Calculus 1 and 2. A typical exam covers topics like partial derivatives, multiple integrals, and vector calculus with applications in various fields. To prepare, it's important to review concepts, practice problems, and seek help if needed. Solutions can be checked by comparing to textbook solutions or getting feedback. The night before an exam, it's best to get rest, review key concepts, and stay calm.
wyosteve
Calc 3 exam tomorrow! Check my solutions please!

Takeing a practice exam but don't have the solutions, anyone who could verify my solutions would be appriciated!

First problem

Find the scalar equation of the plane that passes through (2,-1,0) and is perpendicular to the line x=1-t, y=2+t, z=5

My solution
-x+y= -3

Second problem

Find the scalar equation of the plane that passes through the origin and is parallel to the plane x+2y-3z=4

My solution
x+2y-3z=0

More problems to follow. Thanks in advance for any help!

Physics news on Phys.org

both look good to me

sweet thanks!

Related to Can Someone Verify My Calc 3 Practice Exam Solutions?

What is Calculus 3?

Calculus 3, also known as Multivariable Calculus, is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of functions of several variables. It extends the concepts of Calculus 1 and Calculus 2 to functions of two or more variables.

What topics are typically covered in a Calculus 3 exam?

A Calculus 3 exam usually covers topics such as partial derivatives, multiple integrals, vector calculus, and applications of these concepts in areas such as physics, engineering, and economics.

How can I prepare for a Calculus 3 exam?

To prepare for a Calculus 3 exam, it is important to review the fundamental concepts, practice solving problems, and work through past exams or practice tests. It is also helpful to seek assistance from peers or a tutor if needed.

How can I check my solutions for a Calculus 3 exam?

You can check your solutions for a Calculus 3 exam by comparing them to the solutions in the textbook or asking a professor or teaching assistant for feedback. It is also helpful to review the steps and reasoning behind your solutions to ensure they are correct.

What should I do the night before a Calculus 3 exam?

The night before a Calculus 3 exam, it is important to get a good night's sleep, review key concepts and formulas, and avoid cramming. It is also helpful to relax and stay calm to ensure a clear mind during the exam.