Electrical Engineering school please help....

by bengaltiger14
Tags: electrical, engineering, school
bengaltiger14
Sep13-06, 09:45 AM
P: 138
Does any have any good recommendations for a School to get a masters in Electrical Engineering in or near South carolina? The university of South Carolina is close and so is Clemson University. I already have an associates in Electronics Engineering Technology and want to pursue my education further. Any opinions on these two schools??
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Review: With Galaxy S5, Samsung proves less can be more
Making graphene in your kitchen
Study casts doubt on climate benefit of biofuels from corn residue
chroot
Sep13-06, 01:24 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,424
USC and Clemson are decent schools. If you're willing to move out of state, the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Caorlina State, Virginia Tech, and more are all within a few hours' drive.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete a bachelor's degree before applying to any master's programs.

- Warre
leright
Sep13-06, 08:12 PM
P: 1,194
Quote Quote by chroot
USC and Clemson are decent schools. If you're willing to move out of state, the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Caorlina State, Virginia Tech, and more are all within a few hours' drive.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete a bachelor's degree before applying to any master's programs.

- Warre
and most likely a bachelors in eletrical engineer, not electrical engineering technology....there's a big difference....and most EE bachelors programs don't except a lot of EE technology credits for transfer. You'd have to check with your specific program.

bengaltiger14
Sep14-06, 01:58 PM

Electrical Engineering school please help....

I know I need a bachelors before a masters. My Engineering techonology credit do not transfer to electrical engineering schools. I decided on a transfer in Electrical about three quarters of the way into my Technology degree.
chroot
Sep14-06, 01:59 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 10,424
I'm honestly not really even sure I understand what an "Engineering Technology" degree involves.

- Warren
bengaltiger14
Sep14-06, 02:38 PM
Basically all we did in Engineering Technology was learn how to analyze circuit, learned how to use to O-scope and all the other meters,and we learned how to construct circuits from schematics. We did not get into the circuit design and all of that fun stuff.

Register to reply