Electrical Engineering school

In summary: WarreEE degrees typically require a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, although some programs waive this requirement if you have an associate's degree in Electrical Engineering Technology. An Engineering Technology degree may not include all the coursework required for a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, but it will usually include coursework in electrical engineering theory, electrical engineering mathematics, and electrical engineering technology. - WarrenBasically, if you want to go to a school like USC or Clemson and study Electrical Engineering, you're going to need a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. There are a few schools that will accept an Associate's degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, but those schools are few and far between. A lot of the schools that will
bengaltiger14
Electrical Engineering school please help...

Does any have any good recommendations for a School to get a masters in Electrical Engineering in or near South carolina? The university of South Carolina is close and so is Clemson University. I already have an associates in Electronics Engineering Technology and want to pursue my education further. Any opinions on these two schools??

Physics news on Phys.org
USC and Clemson are decent schools. If you're willing to move out of state, the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Caorlina State, Virginia Tech, and more are all within a few hours' drive.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete a bachelor's degree before applying to any master's programs.

- Warre

chroot said:
USC and Clemson are decent schools. If you're willing to move out of state, the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, North Caorlina State, Virginia Tech, and more are all within a few hours' drive.

Keep in mind that you'll need to complete a bachelor's degree before applying to any master's programs.

- Warre

and most likely a bachelors in electrical engineer, not electrical engineering technology...there's a big difference...and most EE bachelors programs don't except a lot of EE technology credits for transfer. You'd have to check with your specific program.

I know I need a bachelors before a masters. My Engineering techonology credit do not transfer to electrical engineering schools. I decided on a transfer in Electrical about three quarters of the way into my Technology degree.

I'm honestly not really even sure I understand what an "Engineering Technology" degree involves.

- Warren

Basically all we did in Engineering Technology was learn how to analyze circuit, learned how to use to O-scope and all the other meters,and we learned how to construct circuits from schematics. We did not get into the circuit design and all of that fun stuff.

Related to Electrical Engineering school

1. What is the difference between electrical engineering and electronics engineering?

Electrical engineering focuses on the study and application of electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics. It covers a broad range of topics including power systems, telecommunications, and control systems. Electronics engineering, on the other hand, is a subset of electrical engineering that deals specifically with the design and development of electronic circuits, devices, and systems.

2. What kind of courses can I expect to take in an electrical engineering program?

In an electrical engineering program, you can expect to take courses in circuit analysis, digital systems, signals and systems, electromagnetics, power systems, and electronics. You may also have the opportunity to take elective courses in specialized areas such as communications, control systems, and renewable energy.

3. Are there any specific skills or prerequisites required for an electrical engineering program?

Some basic math and physics knowledge is necessary for an electrical engineering program. You should also have strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking abilities, and a strong foundation in algebra and calculus. Familiarity with computer programming and coding languages may also be beneficial.

4. What kind of career opportunities are available for graduates of an electrical engineering program?

Graduates of electrical engineering programs have a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as power generation and distribution, telecommunications, computer engineering, aerospace, and many others. Some common job titles include electrical engineer, electronics engineer, power systems engineer, and telecommunications engineer.

5. Is a graduate degree necessary for a career in electrical engineering?

While a graduate degree is not always necessary for a career in electrical engineering, it can open up more advanced job opportunities and potentially lead to higher salaries. Many employers also prefer candidates with a master's degree for certain positions. It ultimately depends on your career goals and the specific industry you wish to work in.