Register to reply

Why so much pain to get our teeth cleaned?

by pivoxa15
Tags: cleaned, pain, teeth
Share this thread:
pivoxa15
Dec13-06, 03:05 AM
P: 2,268
It always hurts a lot to get our teeth cleaned. Although afterwards it is not completely white either.

Why does it hurt so much to get our teeth cleaned? Is there a way to get it cleaned without all the pain yet just as clean either in theory or practice?
Phys.Org News Partner Biology news on Phys.org
How honey bees stay cool
Dogs get especially jealous of other dogs, study finds
15-year analysis of blue whale range off California finds conflict with shipping lanes
Moonbear
Dec13-06, 09:07 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,271
Teeth cleaning hurts? Maybe you need to request a different dental assistant do your cleanings. Unless you have unusually sensitive teeth, teeth cleaning doesn't hurt.
dextercioby
Dec13-06, 09:16 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 11,894
However, pains due to gum infections caused by unsatisfactory dental hygene DO hurt. Trust me, i've had some tartar accumulation under the gum, had terrible pains, removed tartar 7 months ago, no pains for 7 months and now it hurts me again. Apparently it's a chronical matter now. The doctor told me that the gum no longer adheres to the tooth and germs and/or microbs could enter there at any second. This recurrence is quite awkward, since i've cleaned my teeth perfectly since may...

The most unberable pains are from teeth problems...Cleaning healthy teeth doesn't hurt, it takes time and for lazy people that's a problem.

Daniel.

pivoxa15
Dec13-06, 02:53 PM
P: 2,268
Why so much pain to get our teeth cleaned?

Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
Teeth cleaning hurts? Maybe you need to request a different dental assistant do your cleanings. Unless you have unusually sensitive teeth, teeth cleaning doesn't hurt.
Dosen't the dentist use a very thin hence sharp vibrating stick at the place between your teeth and gum and in between teeth? This is both the most sensitive place and the dirtiest as plaque usually builds up there.

Also if teeth cleaning dosen't hurt than why do I get the impression that many people dread going to the dentist?
dextercioby
Dec14-06, 01:38 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 11,894
Because most people don't go to the dentist for a detartration (plaque removal). They go for matters whose resolutions usually implies pain.

Daniel.

Register to reply