Mathematica - Lines in 3D figure

In summary, the conversation discusses using Mathematica to create a 3D image with a line connecting two points. The speaker also asks for tips on creating this image, specifically with a 3D pyramid and a plane. They apologize for any language barriers.
chrismeister
Hi!

How do I make a line from a point to another point in Mathmatica, a 3D image?

Also, if you got any tips on how to do this:
I have a 3D pyramid and a plane("a window"). Behind the plane there is a point "An eye looking at the pyramid". I need a line from every corner of the pyramid, to go to this point behind the plane, and explain where in the plane the the lines will hit.

Any tips will be of help!

PS: Sorry for my bad English

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi chrismeister, welcome to PF

There is a graphic primitive "Line", which accepts two points as arguments. Unfortunately, I cannot be more specific right now (my computer with Mathematica is down), but look up the help topic on "Line" and it should get you started.

Hello! In Mathematica, you can use the Line function to create a line between two points in a 3D figure. For example, if you have two points A and B, you can use the command Line[{A,B}] to create a line between them.

To create lines from the corners of your pyramid to a point behind the plane, you can first define the coordinates of the corners of the pyramid and the point behind the plane. Then, use the Line function to create lines between each corner and the point.

As for determining where the lines will hit the plane, you can use the Projection function to project the endpoint of each line onto the plane. This will give you the coordinates of the point where the line intersects the plane.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions. And don't worry about your English, it's perfectly fine. Happy coding!

Related to Mathematica - Lines in 3D figure

What is Mathematica?

Mathematica is a computational software program used for mathematical and scientific calculations, data visualization, and programming. It is widely used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and finance.

How do I plot lines in a 3D figure using Mathematica?

To plot lines in a 3D figure using Mathematica, you can use the built-in function "ParametricPlot3D". This function takes in the equations of the lines and plots them in a 3D coordinate system. You can also customize the appearance of the lines using various options such as color, thickness, and style.

Can I add labels and titles to my 3D figure in Mathematica?

Yes, you can add labels and titles to your 3D figure in Mathematica using the "Label" and "PlotLabel" options in the "ParametricPlot3D" function. You can specify the position, style, and content of the labels and titles to make your figure more informative and visually appealing.

Is it possible to rotate and manipulate my 3D figure in Mathematica?

Yes, it is possible to rotate and manipulate your 3D figure in Mathematica. You can use the "Manipulate" function to interactively change the parameters of your figure, such as viewing angle and scale. This allows for a better understanding and analysis of the plotted lines in the 3D figure.

Can I export my 3D figure from Mathematica to other file formats?

Yes, you can export your 3D figure from Mathematica to various file formats such as PNG, JPEG, PDF, and more. This can be done using the "Export" function, which allows you to specify the file format and resolution of the exported figure. This is useful for sharing and presenting your 3D figure in different platforms and applications.