Register to reply

Reaction Rate Experiment - Concentration

by firebirds0707
Tags: concentration, experiment, rate, reaction
Share this thread:
firebirds0707
Feb8-10, 07:44 PM
P: 4
Solution A: is a dilute soultion of potassium iodate, KIO3 which is the source of iodate, IO2(1-)
Solution B: contains some starch and the other reacting species, the hydrogen sulfite ion, HSO3(1-)

1. In a small beaker obtain about 50mL of solution A (0.02 M IO3(-)) and in another small beaker obtain about 70mL of soulition B (HSO3(-))

Trial - Contents of Test tube 1 - Contents of Test Tube 2 - Time (s) - Concentraion IO3(-)

1 10.0mL A + 0mL water 10.0 mL B 6.9 (my guess 0.02)
2 9.0 mL A + 1mL water 10.0 mL B 8.5 (my guess 0.018)
3 8.0 mL A + 2mL water 10.0mL B 9.1 (my guess 0.016)

- My question is, am I getting the concentration right? I don't think I am and I am not sure how to figure it out.

My friend with the same lab results said he got:
1. 0.01
2. 0.09
3. 0.08

so basiclaly what I got divide by 2

Please help me out

thxx
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
Borek
Feb9-10, 03:09 AM
Admin
P: 23,594
There is nothing to guess here - concentration can be calculated. And obviously your friend is better in these calculations

Register to reply