Register to reply

Softwares to learn

Share this thread:
sudath
Jun19-10, 11:02 PM
P: 2
hi,
I am doing my electrical and electronics engineering. I wanted to learn softwares in my free time. Can anyone suggest which software would be useful foe me. My friends suggested MAT LAB or a course in embedded systems. Please suggest any software which will help me wit my subject.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Physical constant is constant even in strong gravitational fields
Montreal VR headset team turns to crowdfunding for Totem
Researchers study vital 'on/off switches' that control when bacteria turn deadly
djeikyb
Jun21-10, 12:51 PM
P: 42
MATLAB is very good and probably slightly more useful for your purposes than Mathematica, though both could be useful.

Also, learning to program in C is never a bad idea.
sudath
Jun22-10, 01:47 AM
P: 2
Thanks djeikyb.
I learnt a bit about both MATLAB and MATHEMATICA, like you suggested MATLAB is very helpful for me. I am planning to join a course for the same shortly.
And regarding programming in C, I learnt C and C++ last year (not a pro though )

fasterthanjoao
Jun23-10, 05:57 AM
P: 731
Softwares to learn

You can use Octave as a free alternative to MATLAB. You might also want to look at Eagle for circuit design, which is also free, and if your university has it, Labview. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagle_(program)

I don't see mathematica being particularly useful.
Borek
Jun23-10, 06:12 AM
Admin
P: 23,731
Hijack:

Am I the only one here irritated by the use word "softwares" instead of "programs"?

Is "softwares" a correct word?
fasterthanjoao
Jun23-10, 06:50 AM
P: 731
Quote Quote by Borek View Post

Is "softwares" a correct word?
You are correct, Borek. Softwares is not a word - 'software' or 'programs' would do me..

Register to reply