Chemistry/Economics type project

In summary, the conversation is about an economics project where the person wants to design and market a cleaning solution that is non-toxic and can be made at home. They are asking for advice on what chemicals to use and are also advised to check patents for similar products. The conversation ends with a link to a website listing non-toxic chemicals.
Oberon
Okay so I have to do an economics project where I design a product and market it ect. I want to create a cleaning solution that is non-toxic and will not be harmful to humans. I also want to make the solution at home if possible. So basically my question is what chemicals should I use to create such a solution. Thanks for your time.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't think anybody would tell you if they knew, they will most likely go running to the patent office. However that is a good place to check if you want to see if people already patented a product like the one you are trying to make.
Personally, I don't really know. But check patents for sure, you can find a lot of interesting stuff in those.

Okay thank you

I am excited to see your interest in creating a non-toxic cleaning solution. This is an important area of research, as many conventional cleaning products contain harmful chemicals that can have negative effects on human health and the environment.

In order to create a non-toxic cleaning solution, it is important to understand the properties and functions of different chemicals. Some key characteristics to look for in a cleaning solution include surfactants (which help to remove dirt and grease), solvents (which dissolve substances), and pH adjusters (which help to balance the acidity or alkalinity of the solution). It is also important to consider the biodegradability of the chemicals used, as this will impact their potential environmental impact.

One option for creating a non-toxic cleaning solution at home is to use natural ingredients such as vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice. These substances have been shown to have cleaning properties and are safe for human use. Additionally, you may consider using plant-based surfactants, such as those derived from coconut or palm oil, instead of synthetic surfactants which can be harmful.

Another option is to look for eco-friendly cleaning products that have been certified by reputable organizations, such as the Environmental Protection Agency's Safer Choice program. These products have been tested and verified to meet strict standards for safety and environmental impact.

In conclusion, when designing your cleaning solution, I recommend researching and selecting ingredients that are natural, biodegradable, and safe for human use. It is also important to properly label your product and provide clear instructions for use to ensure its safe and effective use. Good luck with your project!

1. What is the purpose of a "Chemistry/Economics type project"?

A "Chemistry/Economics type project" is a research project that combines principles from both chemistry and economics to study and analyze various aspects of the economy, such as resource allocation, market trends, and environmental impacts.

2. What skills are needed to successfully complete a "Chemistry/Economics type project"?

To successfully complete a "Chemistry/Economics type project", one needs a strong foundation in both chemistry and economics. Additionally, skills in data analysis, critical thinking, and problem-solving are crucial for conducting thorough research and drawing meaningful conclusions.

3. Can you provide an example of a "Chemistry/Economics type project"?

An example of a "Chemistry/Economics type project" could be a study on the effects of carbon taxes on the chemical industry. This project would involve analyzing the economic impact of implementing a carbon tax on chemical companies and the resulting changes in production processes and environmental sustainability efforts.

4. How do chemistry and economics relate to each other in a "Chemistry/Economics type project"?

In a "Chemistry/Economics type project", chemistry is used to understand the scientific properties and processes involved in the production and use of resources, while economics is used to analyze the market forces and decision-making processes that impact these resources.

5. What are the potential benefits of a "Chemistry/Economics type project"?

A "Chemistry/Economics type project" can provide valuable insights into the intersection of chemistry and economics, leading to a better understanding of how the economy and the environment are interconnected. This information can be used to inform policy decisions and promote sustainable practices in various industries.