A link to a collection of tutorials and videos on MATLAB.

In summary, MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment used for scientific computing, data analysis, and visualization. Tutorials and videos on how to use MATLAB can be found on the official website, YouTube, and other online platforms, as well as through books, workshops, and seminars. The benefits of using MATLAB include its user-friendly interface, powerful data analysis and visualization capabilities, and its ability to handle large amounts of data efficiently. It is also versatile and can be used for various types of scientific research. While the difficulty level of learning MATLAB may vary, with the help of tutorials and practice, most people can become proficient in using it for their projects or research.
Physics news on Phys.org
Here's another that I have found useful: http://www.mathworks.com/access/help...b/getstart.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
That link is no longer valid. I saved the PDF the other day however, if anyone is interested.

1. What is MATLAB?

MATLAB is a high-level programming language and interactive environment designed for scientific computing, data analysis, and visualization.

2. How can I access tutorials and videos on MATLAB?

There are several ways to access tutorials and videos on MATLAB. You can search for them on the official MATLAB website, YouTube, or other online learning platforms. You can also consult books or attend workshops and seminars on MATLAB.

3. What are the benefits of using MATLAB?

MATLAB offers a wide range of benefits for scientists, including its user-friendly interface, powerful data analysis and visualization capabilities, and its ability to handle large amounts of data efficiently. It also has a vast library of built-in functions and toolboxes for various applications.

4. Can I use MATLAB for any type of scientific research?

Yes, MATLAB is a versatile tool that can be used for various types of scientific research, including physics, engineering, biology, and more. Its flexibility and wide range of functions make it suitable for many different fields of study.

5. Is MATLAB difficult to learn?

The difficulty level of learning MATLAB may vary depending on an individual's background and experience with programming. However, with the help of tutorials and videos, most people can learn the basics of MATLAB in a relatively short amount of time. With practice and hands-on experience, one can become proficient in using MATLAB for their research or projects.