A sort of free energy? Possbilble or not

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of creating an electric scooter that can recharge itself using various power systems and theories. These include using a car battery, electric motors, alternator, transformer, and Kvar unit, as well as a small weed eater motor or hydrogen generator. However, experts point out that these systems may not work due to limitations in torque, voltage, and energy efficiency. It is suggested that further analysis and education in engineering may be necessary to determine the feasibility of these ideas.
NARITT88
A sort of free energy? Possbilble or not

Hi there,

Let me start off by saying that I am a College student at Penn College of Technology in Williamsport, PA and I am studying Tool making Technology and Automated Manufacturing, I'd like to refer to myself as THINKER. I've been creating my own remote control boats, planes, Custom Guitars, pickups, pickup winders, hydrogen generators, etc. ever since i was 12. I am very interested in Physics but not a genius at it plus I suck at math and formulas. I have a few questions? I want to create an electric scooter! and create it in such a way that it will recharge it self and want to know if it is possible. I know this is in such a way impossible or we would have electric cars and all that stuff that would make the world not depend on gasoline as a fuel source so greatly. But I have a few Ideas and designs I've been pondering over for sometime now, and would like to know how possible it is.

first besides the basic frame and components of a scooter itself just the power system.

THEORY 1.
By using a car battery or small forklift battery as the DC power supply, a 1 horse power electric motor (DC) (1hp=746W) as the primary drive, a alternator to recharge the battery, a half or quarter horse electric motor (DC). and a small transformer, and a Kvar Unit. (AS SEEN ON TV)

HERE MY THEORY:

The one horse motor is connected with sprocket mounted to the back wheel and connected with a chain to the motor (simple). Naturally the the motor is hooked up to the battery, and also the Quarter or half horse motor is also connected to the battery, but this motor will not provide any propulsion energy. This motor will only be used to recharge the battery. The smaller motor will be geared in such a way that the alternator will spin faster than the motor. The transformer will be connected in between the battery and the alternator to step up the amps to hopefully charge the battery faster than normal. Now the Kvar unit will connected in between the primary drive motor and the battery reducing the amount of energy being consumed by the electric motor.

NOW that is my theory.....WILL IT WORK at all, a little, maybe a few hours, or would if just over load the battery.

THEORY 2.

The same principle as in the first theory but minus the 2nd electric motor instead using a small weed eater motor but one that does not run Completely on gasoline or any at all. I have made a hydrogen generator for my 1991 Chevy Beretta GT and improved my miles per gallon by 6 miles with a V6 3.1L engine. Which I thought was pretty out standing going from 27 mpg to 33. Now if I made a Hydrogen Generator so efficient that it could power a small engine and geared it just right that it would charge the battery on its on.

IF not. I could use gasoline but this would drastically reduce the amount of gasoline that I would use if combined with the hydrogen generator.

PLEASE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED FOR RESPONE...I have not worked out the math for this yet but have the knowledge to do so and gather the proper materials, but before I do all this I would like to know if Physics will allow any of this to happen.

Engineering news on Phys.org

NARITT88, if a system like yours worked, major manufacturers would be at your door waving wads of cash, basically no matter how you drive your recharging system it is using energy from the primary source that can not be totally recovered.

NARITT88 said:
This motor will only be used to recharge the battery. The smaller motor will be geared in such a way that the alternator will spin faster than the motor.
You can't do that. An alternator requires a certain amount of torque and rpm to spin it and if you don't have the rpm you need so you gear it, then you won't have the torque you need. You can't get 1hp of electrical power by spinning a 1hp alternator with a 1/2 horsepower motor - you'll only get 1/2 horsepower.
The transformer will be connected in between the battery and the alternator to step up the amps to hopefully charge the battery faster than normal.
Transformers trade voltage for current and vice versa. You can't take a 12V output and "step up the amps" without losing the volts.
The same principle as in the first theory but minus the 2nd electric motor instead using a small weed eater motor but one that does not run Completely on gasoline or any at all. I have made a hydrogen generator for my 1991 Chevy Beretta GT and improved my miles per gallon by 6 miles with a V6 3.1L engine. Which I thought was pretty out standing going from 27 mpg to 33. Now if I made a Hydrogen Generator so efficient that it could power a small engine and geared it just right that it would charge the battery on its on.

IF not. I could use gasoline but this would drastically reduce the amount of gasoline that I would use if combined with the hydrogen generator.
Though there are some complexities about the hydrogen generators, it is unlikely that you have actually realized that kind of gain. Hydrogen injection can improve an engine's efficiency, but not enough to overcome the energy required to make it.

I don't know how far you are into engineering, but an engineering education should provide you the tools to analyze these ideas yourself. When analyzing a thermodynamic system, you start with a conservation of energy statement to relate the inputs and outputs. Try that sort of analysis and you will find where you are erring.

Here's how it works: Every individual device and total system has a COE statement where you sum the inputs on one side and the outputs on the other: Eout1+Eout2+Eout3+...=Ein1+Ein2+Ein3+... For your motor spinning alternator, charging battery, you get 0.5=1. This nonsensical result tells you your system doesn't function the way you hope it will. So you add a gearbox. But the gearbox's COE statement is 1=0.5. Also nonsensical. So you add a transformer...

For each device, though, you'll need to look at the inner workings to understand why they don't do what you want them to. For a gearbox, you should look up the equation relating torque, rpm, and power and the concept of mechanical advantage.

Last edited:

Related to A sort of free energy? Possbilble or not

1. Is free energy really possible?

The concept of free energy, or the ability to generate unlimited energy without consuming any resources, is highly debated among scientists. While some believe it is theoretically possible, there is currently no scientific evidence to support its existence.

2. What is the difference between free energy and renewable energy?

Renewable energy comes from sources that are constantly replenished, such as solar, wind, and hydro power. Free energy, on the other hand, implies an endless supply of energy without any need for external sources. Renewable energy is a proven concept, while free energy remains a theoretical concept.

3. Are there any scientific experiments or theories that support the existence of free energy?

There have been numerous claims and experiments related to free energy, but none have been scientifically proven. Many of these claims have been debunked due to erroneous data or lack of reproducibility. The scientific community remains skeptical of the existence of free energy.

4. Can free energy be harnessed and used for practical purposes?

If free energy were to exist, it would require a significant breakthrough in physics and technology to harness and utilize it for practical purposes. Currently, there is no known method to efficiently extract and utilize free energy, if it were to exist.

5. What are the potential implications of free energy if it were to be discovered?

If free energy were to be discovered and harnessed, it could potentially revolutionize the energy industry and have significant impacts on the global economy and environment. However, until it is scientifically proven, it is important to approach the concept with caution and skepticism.