About atom's image in electron microscope

In summary: NileshI strongly suggest you...I recommend you read about spectroscopy and nuclear magnetic resonance to get a better understanding of what is being discussed here.
nilesh_pat
In Hydrogen atom, in center Proton and Electron revolving it. My question, is that enclosed in a cell, actually what we see in electron microscope.

Regards

Nilesh

Chemistry news on Phys.org
nilesh_pat said:
In Hydrogen atom, in center Proton and Electron revolving it. My question, is that enclosed in a cell, actually what we see in electron microscope.

Regards
The picture of H-atom is a Hazy blob of different density- the centre being darker is seen by electron microscpe.
The H-atom is a quantum state -a bound state of electron with a proton as nucleus- the Bohr model is an idealized model only where one pictures the electron as rotating around the nucleus. In reality the electron can have finite probability of staying in the space surrounding the nucleus - no doubt the maximum probability is at a distance equal to the radius of the atom. the size of H-atom is around 0.5 angstrom.

drvrm said:
The picture of H-atom is a Hazy blob of different density- the centre being darker is seen by electron microscpe.
The H-atom is a quantum state -a bound state of electron with a proton as nucleus- the Bohr model is an idealized model only where one pictures the electron as rotating around the nucleus. In reality the electron can have finite probability of staying in the space surrounding the nucleus - no doubt the maximum probability is at a distance equal to the radius of the atom. the size of H-atom is around 0.5 angstrom.

thank you sir for your reply.
In case of heavy metals which has , s,p,d,f cell. what we see in electron microscope.

While some kinds of electron microscopes are capable of showing atom sized features, I doubt they are able to show anything more precise than just a spherical blob in place of an atom, no matter which particular technique you use.

nilesh_pat said:
In case of heavy metals which has , s,p,d,f cell. what we see in electron microscope.
there are some recent techniques which leads to pictures which show the electron cloud having shapes different for different states of the atomic electrons as reported in literature; i will try to look up.

Borek said:
While some kinds of electron microscopes are capable of showing atom sized features, I doubt they are able to show anything more precise than just a spherical blob in place of an atom, no matter which particular technique you use.

thank you for your reply sir. It means that still we are not able to see the clear picture of an atom. So we are able to see the atomic label reaction line 2 atoms of hydrogen and one atom of Oxygen makes one atom of [H/2]O. In case of carbon Single, Double and Triple bond. Sir, is there any research going on.

With Regards
Nilesh

drvrm said:
there are some recent techniques which leads to pictures which show the electron cloud having shapes different for different states of the atomic electrons as reported in literature; i will try to look up.

Thank you for reply. We have to look at quantum label. half spin and full spin. How it is work.

With regards
Nilesh

nilesh_pat said:
Sir, is there any research going on.

Using a state-of-the-art atomic force microscope, the scientists have taken the first atom-by-atom pictures,
including images of the chemical bonds between atoms,
clearly depicting how a molecule’s structure changed during a reaction. Until now, scientists have only been able to infer this type of information from spectroscopic analysis.
See http://news.berkeley.edu/2013/05/30...mages-of-molecules-before-and-after-reaction/

Thank you for you reply sir. If we are able to learn that how a molecule's structure change during a reaction we could generate a computerized simulation to make a hole picture ( for biological use at zygote label)

With regards

Nilesh

Nilesh, can you explain what is the grand scheme of things you are envisioning?

Sure, we have techniques that allow us to "see" atoms and molecules, but they are not necessary to determine structure of the molecules. And labeling a zygote definitely doesn't require ability to observe single atoms, we have plenty of much better and much easier methods.

So: what it is that you trying to accomplish?

Sir, Once we know that how material reacts at atomic label, than we can write computer programs to simulate them. Like mammal egg fertilization, where chromosomes chemically attached with other chromosomes. (There must be some chemical reactions happen). I hope we could able to simulate full body in near feature.

With Regards

Nilesh

nilesh_pat said:
Once we know that how material reacts at atomic label, than we can write computer programs to simulate them.

We don't need electron microscopes for that. We already know plenty about how to write such programs and about how to simulate atom level interactions.

If you are interested how these things are done I strongly suggest you enroll into some academic level physics or chemistry course.

Thank you. sir.

with regards

Nilesh

1. What is an electron microscope?

An electron microscope is a scientific instrument that uses a beam of highly energetic electrons to examine objects at a much higher magnification and resolution than a traditional light microscope.

2. How does an electron microscope produce an image of an atom?

An electron microscope uses a beam of electrons instead of light to produce an image. When the electrons hit the sample, they interact with the atoms and create signals that are used to form the image.

3. Why is an electron microscope necessary to see atoms?

Atoms are extremely small, with most being less than one nanometer in size. Traditional light microscopes use light waves, which have a much larger wavelength and are unable to distinguish individual atoms. Electron microscopes use electrons, which have a much smaller wavelength and are capable of visualizing atoms.

4. Can an electron microscope capture a 3D image of an atom?

Yes, some electron microscopes have the capability to capture 3D images of atoms. This is done by tilting the sample and capturing images from different angles, which are then reconstructed into a 3D model.

5. What are the limitations of using an electron microscope to image atoms?

The main limitation of using an electron microscope to image atoms is the preparation of the sample. The sample must be extremely thin and must be placed in a vacuum to prevent interference from air molecules. Additionally, the electron beam can damage the sample, limiting the amount of time the sample can be observed.