Advice for an Engineer seeking a Masters in Physics in Germany

In summary, the speaker has recently graduated as a Mechanical Engineer from the University of Jordan and is now looking to pursue a Masters in Physics in Germany. They acknowledge that their Bachelor's degree may put them at a disadvantage for admission, but they are currently taking relevant courses and preparing for the GRE Physics Exam. They are seeking advice on how to increase their chances of admission and others have suggested considering other areas in the GRE exam. The question of why they are choosing to study in Germany despite their proficiency in English is also raised.
Mousa Kandah
Hello, I recently Graduated as a Mechanical Engineer from the University of Jordan and I am looking to do a Masters in Physics in Germany

obviously I am at a disadvantage when it comes to admission due to my Bachelors, but I am currently fixing that.

I am currently taking Courses in Quantum Mechanics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetism and Statistical Mechanics, as well as German Langauge courses and I am planning to do to the GRE Physics Exam.

do you have any extra advice as to how to increase my chances of admission?

thanks in Advance : )

Physics news on Phys.org
Mousa Kandah said:
I am planning to do to the GRE Physics Exam.
When I took the GRE exam, there were parts other than Physics. Perhaps those other areas may give you other directions?

And I agree with jedishrfu
Why Germany when your English so good already?

1. What are the admission requirements for a Masters in Physics program in Germany?

The specific requirements may vary depending on the university, but generally, you will need a Bachelor's degree in a related field such as engineering, mathematics, or physics. You may also need to provide proof of proficiency in the German language, as well as letters of recommendation and a statement of purpose.

2. How long does it take to complete a Masters in Physics program in Germany?

The typical duration for a Masters in Physics program in Germany is two years. However, some universities may offer an accelerated program that can be completed in 18 months, while others may have a longer program of three years.

3. Is it necessary to have a strong background in physics to pursue a Masters in Physics in Germany?

While a strong foundation in physics is certainly beneficial, it is not always necessary. Many universities offer bridging courses for students with a background in engineering or other related fields to help them catch up on the necessary physics knowledge before starting their Masters program.

4. Are there any scholarship opportunities for international students pursuing a Masters in Physics in Germany?

Yes, there are various scholarship opportunities available for international students pursuing a Masters in Physics in Germany. These include scholarships offered by the German government, as well as scholarships from individual universities and external organizations.

5. What are the job prospects for graduates with a Masters in Physics from Germany?

Graduates with a Masters in Physics from Germany have excellent job prospects. They can find employment in various industries such as research and development, technology, energy, and healthcare. Additionally, Germany's strong economy and high demand for skilled professionals make it a favorable job market for physics graduates.