Ansys Fluent solving without initial amounts

Keep in mind that the outlet temperature itself cannot be obtained, but the difference between the inlet and outlet temperature can be calculated. In summary, Fluent can solve the modeling and provide the desired results of dP and dT for your pipe with constant heat flux from walls.
Omish
Hi
I have a pipe Which has constant heat flux from walls. I need to get pressure drop (dP) and temperature rise (dT) in outlet as results. I know the velocity inlet, but don't have pressure inlet and tempreture inlet. Would fluent be able to solve the modeling and give me dP and dT?
I emphasize. DIFFERENCE is what I need. I know I can't have (for instance) the oulet temperature itself.
You'd do me big favor if you help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes, Fluent can solve the modeling and provide you with the pressure drop (dP) and temperature rise (dT) as results. You will need to specify the inlet velocity, the inlet temperature, and the heat flux from the walls for the simulation. With this information, Fluent can calculate the outlet pressure and temperature, and the associated dP and dT values.

1. What is Ansys Fluent?

Ansys Fluent is a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software used by scientists and engineers to simulate and analyze fluid flow and heat transfer in various systems.

2. How does Ansys Fluent solve problems without initial amounts?

Ansys Fluent uses a pressure-based solver that does not require initial values for flow variables. Instead, it iteratively solves the governing equations until a converged solution is obtained.

3. What are the advantages of solving without initial amounts?

Solving without initial amounts allows for a more robust and accurate simulation, as the solution is not dependent on initial guesses. It also saves time and effort in setting up the simulation.

4. Are there any limitations to solving without initial amounts?

There can be limitations to solving without initial amounts, as it may not be suitable for certain types of problems. For example, problems with strong shocks may require additional initial information for a more accurate solution.

5. How can I ensure accurate results when solving without initial amounts?

To ensure accurate results when solving without initial amounts, it is important to carefully set up the simulation and verify the results with experimental data or analytical solutions. It may also be beneficial to perform sensitivity analyses to assess the impact of initial conditions on the results.