How Can a Sensor Accurately Control Inflation to 2 PSI?

In summary, the conversation discussed the design of a system with a sensor that can detect when an inflatable is inflated to 2 PSI. The current system uses a solenoid, compressed air, and a mechanical timed relay, but the individual is looking for a way to make it using a sensor or gauge. A suggestion was made to use a simple mechanical pressure regulator.
Borja1055
Hello all,

I am trying to design a system with a sensor that can detect when an inflatable is inflated to 2 PSI. I am trying to inflate something small, around 6 liters. I currently have a system that uses a solenoid, the compressed air, and a mechanical timed relay that tells the system when to stop inflating. The issue is that i want to make it using a sensor or gauge to tell the system to stop inflating at exactly 2 PSI.

Please let me know if you can help. All questions, comments, or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org

Related to How Can a Sensor Accurately Control Inflation to 2 PSI?

What is an Automatic Inflation Mechanism?

An Automatic Inflation Mechanism is a device that is designed to automatically inflate or expand an object or system when certain conditions are met. It is commonly used in various industries such as aerospace, automotive, and medical to ensure safety and efficiency.

How does an Automatic Inflation Mechanism work?

The exact mechanism varies depending on the application, but in general, an Automatic Inflation Mechanism works by using a trigger or sensor to detect a specific condition. This trigger then activates a mechanism, such as a gas cartridge or spring, to inflate or expand the object or system.

What are the benefits of using an Automatic Inflation Mechanism?

There are several benefits to using an Automatic Inflation Mechanism, including increased safety, efficiency, and reliability. By automating the inflation process, it eliminates the need for human intervention, reducing the risk of error or delay. It also allows for a quicker response time, making it ideal for emergency situations.

What are some common applications of Automatic Inflation Mechanisms?

Automatic Inflation Mechanisms are used in a variety of applications, including airbags in cars, life jackets, medical devices, and inflatable structures. They are also commonly used in military and aerospace equipment, such as ejection seats and emergency rafts.

Are there any drawbacks to using an Automatic Inflation Mechanism?

While Automatic Inflation Mechanisms offer many benefits, there are some potential drawbacks to consider. They can be more complex and expensive to design and maintain compared to manual inflation systems. Additionally, in some cases, they may not be suitable for use in extreme environments or conditions.