Band Gap of Semiconductor Materials

In summary: I'm sorry, I do not have any soft copies or e-books on this specific topic. My suggestion would be to continue searching through published papers and articles using Google Scholar or other databases. There may also be textbooks or reference books available at your local library or university.
ralden
Hi Guys, i need your help, where can i download free articles about the band gap of semiconductor materials (like copper (II) oxide). don't mention sciencedirect and arxiv, because i already explore that, and they provide limited research articles. thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
ralden said:
Hi Guys, i need your help, where can i download free articles about the band gap of semiconductor materials (like copper (II) oxide). don't mention sciencedirect and arxiv, because i already explore that, and they provide limited research articles. thank you.

I don't understand. Do you just need to know the value of the band gap of various materials? Or do you need more than that? "about the band gap" is rather vague since you did not describe what characteristics of the band gap that you are actually looking for. Do you want to know the band structure as well?

Tables on band gap values for various material can be found all over the web, such as here:
http://www.nist.gov/data/PDFfiles/jpcrd22.pdf

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Ahmed Khodiri
thank you ZapperZ, I'm actually looking more than the Energy gap value, to be specific i want to know, the type of band gap, the posssible, n-dopant, and p-dopant of that semicon materials, and also their respective application. thanks :)

ralden said:
thank you ZapperZ, I'm actually looking more than the Energy gap value, to be specific i want to know, the type of band gap, the posssible, n-dopant, and p-dopant of that semicon materials, and also their respective application. thanks :)

What do you mean by "type of band gap"? Do you mean as in direct or indirect?

As for the doping effect, you will need to be specific. That's like asking how many different compounds are there already in this world. No place in this world has ALL of them in a single, compact location (unless you consider the CRC handbook as "compact").

The document I linked to has the info on several copper oxide band gap that you asked for. You have explored the references given for each those compounds to see if they have the info that you need?

Zz.

yes you're right about the types of band gap. about the doping, for example i have copper (II) oxide semiconductor, what are the possible n-dopant and p-dopant elements/compound that can be doped in copper (II) oxide? i need at least 5 elements/compound.

ralden said:
yes you're right about the types of band gap. about the doping, for example i have copper (II) oxide semiconductor, what are the possible n-dopant and p-dopant elements/compound that can be doped in copper (II) oxide? i need at least 5 elements/compound.

OK, at least this is a bit more specific and not as vague. You should have started off with this right away rather than asking a rather generic question.

This is then too specialized, and I'm surprised that you can't find published papers on such info. Have you tried looking for them in the references given as a starting point? Have you tried Google Scholar?

Zz.

ok. i consider that, what else sir? do you have soft-copies or e-books? thanks :)

1. What is the band gap of a semiconductor material?

The band gap of a semiconductor material refers to the energy difference between the highest energy level in the valence band and the lowest energy level in the conduction band. It is a critical characteristic that determines the electrical properties of a material, such as its conductivity and ability to conduct electricity.

2. How is the band gap of a semiconductor material determined?

The band gap of a semiconductor material can be determined through various methods, including optical spectroscopy, electrical measurements, and theoretical calculations. These methods involve analyzing the energy levels of electrons within the material and determining the energy difference between the valence and conduction bands.

3. What factors affect the band gap of a semiconductor material?

The band gap of a semiconductor material is primarily influenced by its chemical composition and crystal structure. For example, elements with smaller atomic radii tend to have larger band gaps. Additionally, doping the material with impurities can also alter the band gap.

4. How does the band gap of a semiconductor material affect its applications?

The band gap of a semiconductor material plays a crucial role in determining its applications. Materials with smaller band gaps are typically used in electronic devices, such as transistors, as they can easily conduct electricity. Materials with larger band gaps are often used in optoelectronic devices, such as solar cells and LEDs, as they can efficiently absorb and emit light.

5. Can the band gap of a semiconductor material be modified?

Yes, the band gap of a semiconductor material can be modified through various methods, such as doping, alloying, and strain engineering. These techniques can alter the energy levels of the material, thus changing its band gap and ultimately its electrical and optical properties.