Best video lectures on SSP following Kittel

In summary, the speaker is struggling to find online resources that follow the book "Introduction to Solid State Physics" by Charles Kittel. They are looking for a course that comprehensively covers chapters 1-9. One potential resource mentioned is the Solid State Physics course by Prof. Amal Kumar Das on NPTEL, but the syllabus does not align perfectly with the book.
Asuratyr
Hi,

I am currently studying for our third year solid state physics course. We follow chapters 1-9 From Charles Kittel's "introduction to SSP"
Youtube has a lot of videos on solid state physics yet i am struggling to find any video source for lectures that follow the book of Kittel.

I would hugely appreciate it if anyone could point me to any online source i can use to help me comprehend the contents of the book

With kind regards,
Viktor VdB

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is SSP and why is it important in Kittel's book?

SSP stands for "solid state physics" and it is a branch of physics that deals with the properties of solid materials. It is important in Kittel's book because it provides the foundation for understanding the behavior of materials at the atomic level.

2. Are Kittel's video lectures the best resource for learning about SSP?

This is a subjective question and can vary depending on individual learning styles. However, Kittel's video lectures are highly recommended as they provide a comprehensive and in-depth explanation of SSP concepts.

3. How can I access Kittel's video lectures on SSP?

Kittel's video lectures on SSP can be accessed through online platforms such as YouTube or through university websites that offer online courses on solid state physics.

4. Are there any prerequisites for understanding Kittel's video lectures on SSP?

Yes, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of physics, particularly classical mechanics and electromagnetism. Familiarity with calculus and linear algebra is also helpful.

5. Can Kittel's video lectures on SSP be used as a standalone resource for learning?

While Kittel's video lectures are comprehensive, it is recommended to use them in conjunction with other resources such as textbooks and practice problems to fully understand the material and reinforce learning.