What is the best online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics?

In summary, the individual is currently studying a solid-state physics course from Charles Kittel's "Introduction to SSP" but is having trouble finding additional lectures on YouTube. They are asking for recommendations for online sources to better understand the content of the book. Some possible alternatives to Kittel's book are provided, including video lectures and lecture notes from various sources.
Asmaa
Hi,

I am currently studying solid-state physics course from Charles Kittel's "introduction to SSP"

I searched more on youtube to get lectures to follow the book of Kittel but failed.

Really I would appreciate if anybody advises me online source which can help me to comprehend the contents of the book

With kind regards,
Cema G.A

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the Kittel textbook and why is it important for solid state physics?

The Kittel textbook, "Introduction to Solid State Physics", is a widely used and highly regarded textbook in the field of solid state physics. It covers the fundamental concepts and principles of solid state physics, making it an essential resource for students and researchers in the field.

2. What should I look for in an online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics?

An online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics should cover the same topics and concepts as the textbook, and should also include interactive elements such as videos, simulations, and practice problems. It should also have a clear structure and be taught by a qualified instructor with experience in the field.

3. Are there any free online courses that follow Kittel for solid state physics?

Yes, there are several free online courses that follow Kittel for solid state physics. These courses are offered by universities and educational platforms such as Coursera and edX. However, they may not include all the interactive elements and personalized instruction that a paid course would offer.

4. Can I take an online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics if I have no background in physics?

While it may be helpful to have a basic understanding of physics, it is not necessary to have a background in the subject to take an online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics. The course should cover the necessary concepts and provide resources for students to catch up on any prerequisite knowledge.

5. How can I determine if an online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics is reputable?

To determine if an online course that follows Kittel for solid state physics is reputable, you can research the instructor's credentials and experience in the field, read reviews from previous students, and check if the course is affiliated with a reputable university or educational platform. It may also be helpful to reach out to the instructor or course provider with any questions or concerns you may have.