BJT analog circuit design

In summary, the conversation is about designing an analog circuit with specific parameters and a desired transfer curve using resistors, capacitors, voltage, and a BJT with a beta value of 100. The circuit also needs to have an input resistance of 60 kilo-ohms and an output resistance of 51 kilo-ohms. The student has posted a solution attempt and is asking for feedback on whether it is the right approach and which modules to use for each stage. They also mention the frequencies where the dotted lines are on the diagram and ask about the required gain. The conversation ends with a question about how to realize the corner frequencies.
GGGboat

Homework Statement

hello, i need to design analog circuit that has a transfer curve as seen in the following image using resistors, capacitors,voltage, and BJT (with beta value of 100).
the parameters are:
A=75
f1= 21Hz
f2=21 KHz
M1=40
M2=-20

the circuit also need to have input resistance of Rin= 60 kilo-ohm and output resistance of 51 kilo-ohm.

Homework Equations

I posted this yesterday and it was deleted so first of all, let me apologize if i gave the impression that i was trying to get you guys to do my homework for me. i most certainly wasn't (sorry I'm just pretty clueless at this point).

does my 3-stages solution make sense(see part 3:solution attempt)? is it the right approach?
how do I know which of the following modules should I use for each stage?

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
i think the circuit should have 3 stages, each connected with a capacitor, where the first stage is for achieving the required input resistance, the second for the required gain, and the third is for the required output resistance.

(the first and last stages might also add some gain but it will be considered in the second stage)

Attachments

• טבלת CBCECC.PNG
    טבלת CBCECC.PNG
    25.3 KB · Views: 484
  • transfer_curve.PNG
    transfer_curve.PNG
    2.9 KB · Views: 465
Physics news on Phys.org
f1 and f2 are the frequencies where the dotted lines are.

Well, which module(s) has/have the necessary gain?
Pick one or more and give us your first effort at a design.

M1=40
M2=-20

According to your diagram. one can get the impression that M1=20 and M2=-40 is required ?
Question: How do you intend - in principle(!) - to realize the corner frequencies?

1. What is the difference between a BJT and a MOSFET?

A BJT (Bipolar Junction Transistor) is a type of transistor that uses both electron and hole current carriers to conduct current, while a MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) only uses one type of current carrier. BJTs are typically used in analog circuits, while MOSFETs are commonly used in digital circuits.

2. How do I choose the correct BJT for my circuit?

Choosing the right BJT for a circuit involves considering factors such as the required current and voltage ratings, the frequency of operation, and the desired gain. It is important to also check the datasheet for the BJT to ensure it can handle the necessary parameters for your circuit.

3. What are the common configurations for BJT amplifiers?

The three most common configurations for BJT amplifiers are the common emitter, common base, and common collector. Each configuration has its own advantages and disadvantages, and the choice depends on the specific requirements of the circuit.

4. How do I bias a BJT amplifier?

Biasing a BJT amplifier involves setting the appropriate DC voltage levels for the base, collector, and emitter. This is necessary to ensure the transistor operates in its linear region and provides the desired gain. Different biasing techniques, such as fixed bias and emitter bias, can be used depending on the circuit requirements.

5. Can I use a BJT in place of a MOSFET in a digital circuit?

While BJTs and MOSFETs have some similarities, they have different characteristics that make them more suitable for specific applications. BJTs are not commonly used in digital circuits due to their slower switching speeds and higher power consumption compared to MOSFETs. However, they can be used in certain cases where their benefits outweigh these drawbacks.