Can I find every published book from 1980-today on one website?

• Thread starter StevieTNZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a website that indexes all published books since 1980 and allows for keyword and category searches. The Library of Congress and WorldCat are suggested as potential sources, with Amazon being noted as a comprehensive source for product reviews and potentially book indexes as well. The inclusion criteria for the Library of Congress is also mentioned.
StevieTNZ
Hi there,

Does anyone know of a website that indexes every published book (say from 1980-today), by any publisher, across the whole world, that can be searched through keywords, categories, etc.?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what the standard for inclusion in the library of congress is. I am fairly certain that they do not include everything that is published though they apparently did at one time requiring all persons who applied for copyright to send them two copies of their material. It is still probably one of the most extensive library catalogs in the world regardless.

This is interesting...
http://www.worldcat.org/
Apparently an attempt to catalog all the libraries in the world.

MATLABdude said:
Amazon'll

Nice contraction!

FlexGunship said:
Nice contraction!

Given how Amazon has become sort of a go-to for product reviews for me, I think all of the parts of speech that apply to Google can apply to Amazon as well!

What is the purpose of recently published books?

The purpose of recently published books is to share new information, ideas, and stories with readers. They also serve as a way for authors to showcase their work and contribute to the ongoing conversation in their field.

How often are new books published?

The frequency of new book publications can vary depending on the genre and the author's publishing schedule. In general, new books are published on a weekly or monthly basis, but some popular authors may release multiple books in a year.

What is the process of publishing a book?

The process of publishing a book involves writing and editing the manuscript, finding a literary agent or publisher, going through the editing and revision process, designing the cover and formatting the book, and finally, marketing and distributing the book to bookstores and online retailers.

How do publishers decide which books to publish?

Publishers consider a variety of factors when deciding which books to publish, including the quality of writing, market demand, and the author's platform and potential for success. They also take into account current trends and market research to determine what readers are interested in.

What impact do recently published books have on society?

Recently published books can have a significant impact on society by informing and educating readers on important topics, sparking discussions and debates, and shaping cultural attitudes and beliefs. They also have the power to inspire and entertain, offering readers a way to escape and explore new ideas and perspectives.