Can quantum physics explain the workings of transmitters and receivers?

In summary, the technology of building a transmitter and receiver was first developed by Heinrich Hertz using a spark gap and tuned loop. However, techniques have evolved over the past 122 years and there are now more advanced methods such as using a signal generator and diode detector with an oscilloscope. The first person to demonstrate reception using a mobile receiver was Professor John Hughes in 1879, but his work was initially rejected. There is not much information available about the quantum physics behind radio technology.
ghost313
Hello :)
So my question are:
-how to build a transmitter and a receiver?
-how do they actually work?(in detail,microscopic and macroscopic)
-which scientist was the one who invented this tech and if possible,are there any papers published that can be red today?
Thank you for your time.

Physics news on Phys.org
ghost313 said:
So my question are:
-which scientist was the one who invented this tech and if possible,are there any papers published that can be red today?
Thank you for your time.
Heinrich Hertz first did this using a spark gap at the centre of a dipole antenna. He used a very small spark gap in a tuned loop as his receiver. A book is available "Researches on the Propagation of Electric Action with Finite Velocity through Space", by Heinrich Hertz (Cornell University reprint). Of course, techniques quickly evolved for the next 122 years, so you can choose. Maybe you can use a signal generator and a diode detector with an oscilloscope.

tech99 said:
Heinrich Hertz first did this using a spark gap at the centre of a dipole antenna. He used a very small spark gap in a tuned loop as his receiver. A book is available "Researches on the Propagation of Electric Action with Finite Velocity through Space", by Heinrich Hertz (Cornell University reprint). Of course, techniques quickly evolved for the next 122 years, so you can choose. Maybe you can use a signal generator and a diode detector with an oscilloscope.
(Professor John Hughes demonstrated reception using a mobile receiver in London in 1879, but it was rejected by members of the Royal Society because at that time they thought it was induction rather than radiation).

ghost313 said:
So my question are:
Thank you for your time.
google is your friend for basic questions like that

do some searching, there's masses of info, come back with more specific questions on things you may not understand

we at PF will help you along, but we won't do your research study for you
you need to learn to make an effort for a startcheers
Dave

All I can say is that I hope the OP is talking about radio.

davenn said:
google is your friend for basic questions like that

do some searching, there's masses of info, come back with more specific questions on things you may not understand

we at PF will help you along, but we won't do your research study for you
you need to learn to make an effort for a startcheers
Dave
I guess I did not put my questions rigth,when I said microscopic level I meant from the point of quantum physics,how does it really work,not some science 200 years agoo..hahah there is that...also for the scientist I meant for the new one who discovered it from the microscopic world,there is not much on the internet about that. Thanks :)

tech99 said:
(Professor John Hughes demonstrated reception using a mobile receiver in London in 1879, but it was rejected by members of the Royal Society because at that time they thought it was induction rather than radiation).
Thank you,answered most of my questions,helpful :)

ghost313 said:
I meant from the point of quantum physics,how does it really work,not some science 200 years ago
Radio is classical. I don't think that it makes sense to think about it on a quantum level. It would be like trying to understand an inclined plane using general relativity.

There are some quantum phenomena that cause RF radiation, but those are not used for transmission and reception.

1. What is a transmitter and receiver?

A transmitter and receiver are electronic devices that work together to send and receive signals. The transmitter is responsible for converting information into a signal, while the receiver receives and decodes the signal to retrieve the information.

2. How do transmitters and receivers work?

Transmitters work by converting information into a specific type of signal, such as radio waves, light waves, or electrical signals. The receiver then picks up this signal and decodes it using its specific technology, such as a radio tuner or optical sensor.

3. What are some common uses for transmitters and receivers?

Transmitters and receivers are used in a variety of applications, including communication systems (such as radios, cell phones, and satellites), remote controls for electronic devices, and wireless sensors for data collection.

4. How do transmitters and receivers differ from transceivers?

Transmitters and receivers are separate devices that work together, while a transceiver is a single device that can both transmit and receive signals. Transceivers are often used in two-way communication systems, such as walkie-talkies.

5. What are some important factors to consider when choosing a transmitter and receiver?

The most important factors to consider when choosing a transmitter and receiver are the frequency range, transmission power, and signal quality. It is also important to consider the compatibility between the transmitter and receiver, as well as the specific application or use case. Other factors may include size, cost, and power consumption.