Can someone help with these problems?

• Thread starter tintin
  • Start date
In summary: I'm getting 50 secIn summary, the first problem involves two cars traveling in the same direction, with car A catching up to car B at a certain point. The second problem asks for the time it takes for a streetcar to travel between two stations, and the third problem involves finding the point of no return for an airport runway based on a jet plane's acceleration and deceleration abilities. The conversation also mentions other problems that the person has been attempting to solve for two days.
tintin
can someone help with these problems??

1)Two cars, A and B are traveling in the same direction, although the car A is 100 m behind the car B. The speed of the car A is 24.7 m/s and the speed of the car B is 18.8 m/s. How much time does it take for the car A to catch the car B ? [Hint: What must be true about the displacements of the two cars when they meet?]

2)A streetcar named A travels between two stations 0.64 km apart. Leaving the first station, it accelerates for 11.0 s at 1.0 m/s2 and then travels at a constant speed until it is near the second station, when it brakes at 2.0 m/s2 in order to stop at the station. How long did this trip take? [Hint: What's the average velocity?]

3)Find the point of no return for an airport runway of 1.11 miles in length if a jet plane can accelerate at 10.7 ft/s2 and decelerate at 7.16 ft/s2. The point of no return occurs when the pilot can no longer abort the takeoff without running out of runway?

What length of time is available from the start of the motion in which to decide on a course of action?

Physics news on Phys.org

We do not spoonfeed homework here. You need to show your attempts for us to help you.

Last edited:

There are 50 problems and I got all of them! I have been trying since 2 days and I posted them finally here...If I have to show my attempts, I will have to scan about 10 pages and send them to u :) to show that I really tried!

tintin said:
There are 50 problems and I got all of them! I have been trying since 2 days and I posted them finally here...If I have to show my attempts, I will have to scan about 10 pages and send them to u :) to show that I really tried!

Well, you've only posted 3. Just type out your solutions; they shouldn't be very long.

I got the first one, 2nd one I'm getting answer 16.5 sec

1. What kind of problems can someone help with?

As a scientist, I am equipped to help with a variety of problems related to my field of expertise. These may include research questions, experimental design, data analysis, and interpretation of results.

2. How do I know if someone is qualified to help with my problems?

It is important to check the credentials and experience of the person offering to help with your problems. Look for their educational background, publications, and experience in the specific area of your problem. You can also ask for references or recommendations from other professionals in the same field.

3. How much does it cost to get help with these problems?

The cost of getting help with your problems may vary depending on the complexity of the issue and the level of expertise required. It is best to discuss the details and negotiate the cost with the person offering to help. Many scientists also offer their services pro bono for certain cases.

4. Can I get help with my problems remotely?

With the advancements in technology, it is possible to get help with your problems remotely. Many scientists offer virtual consultations and assistance through video conferencing, email, or online platforms. This can be beneficial for those who are unable to meet in person or are located in different regions.

5. How long does it take to get help with these problems?

The time it takes to get help with your problems may vary depending on the availability of the person you are seeking assistance from and the complexity of the issue. It is best to discuss a timeline and set expectations beforehand to ensure a smooth and timely process.