Chances of me getting into ASU

• Admissions
  • Thread starter KamenRiderTorbjorn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chances
In summary, the individual is interested in transferring to ASU Online's Electrical Engineering program but is concerned about their high school math deficiencies. They currently have a 3.0 GPA in math courses at their junior college and are wondering if they still have a chance of being accepted. The best course of action would be to contact ASU's admissions department for a definitive answer. It is also suggested to speak with someone directly in the EE department if necessary. The individual's chances of acceptance may depend on the level of math courses they have taken at the junior college, with more advanced courses such as precalculus and calculus increasing their chances.
KamenRiderTorbjorn
I want to transfer to ASU online into their Electrical Engineering program, but the issue is they require that you have no math deficiencies in high school. To be honest I didn't do the best when it came to high school math, but I'm currently taking math now at my current junior college and have over a 3.0 GPA. Will I still have a chance of transferring to ASU Online or is that not possible now?

Physics news on Phys.org
That sounds like a good question for their admissions department. Generally I would expect that performance in a more advanced course would be acceptable, but you can't always rely on that.

I agree the best answer you could get is one that would come from admissions at ASU. If you get an unsatisfying answer and you really believe your math skills are up to it, you might try a discussion or meeting with someone directly in the EE department, but do this as a last resort.
Off hand, I would say it would depend on the math you took at the junior college. If it was say precalculus and calculus, you would (probably) stand a good chance. If it were say beginning algebra, and practical math, your chances would not be as good. You would probably need to do well in the more advanced courses like calculus and or maybe statistics, or even linear algebra, or differential equations if it is offered, Best of Luck

What is the acceptance rate for ASU?

The acceptance rate for ASU varies depending on the year and program. For the 2021-2022 school year, the overall acceptance rate was 85%. However, some programs, such as the W. P. Carey School of Business, have a lower acceptance rate of around 50%. It is important to research the specific program you are interested in to get a more accurate acceptance rate.

What are the requirements for admission to ASU?

The requirements for admission to ASU also vary depending on the program. Generally, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet certain GPA and test score requirements. Some programs may also require additional materials such as essays or letters of recommendation. It is best to check the ASU admissions website for specific requirements for the program you are interested in.

Does ASU have a holistic admissions process?

Yes, ASU has a holistic admissions process, which means that they consider a variety of factors in addition to academic achievements. This can include extracurricular activities, leadership experience, and community service. It is important to showcase your unique experiences and strengths in your application to increase your chances of admission.

Are there any special admission programs at ASU?

Yes, ASU offers several special admission programs such as the Barrett Honors College, the W. P. Carey School of Business Direct Admission, and the New American University Scholars Program. These programs have additional requirements and a more competitive admissions process, but they offer unique opportunities and benefits for accepted students.

What can I do to increase my chances of getting into ASU?

To increase your chances of getting into ASU, it is important to have a strong academic record and meet the minimum requirements for your desired program. Additionally, you can participate in extracurricular activities, gain leadership experience, and showcase your unique strengths and experiences in your application. It is also recommended to apply early and thoroughly review and edit your application before submitting it.