Choosing fundamental journals or conferences

In summary: Hi Farhad70,Sorry for my language.Does that mean that you have zero references from within the last century? Do you think that the field hasn't...evolved?
Farhad70
I have done a fundamental research about relativity but i can't find right journal or conference.
can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Farhad70,

There might be a small language issue with your question. Do you mean you have done some research and are looking for an appropriate journal to submit to?

If so, this is a question you really need to be talking over with your advisor. As a general approach you can start with the journals that you have cited most frequently in your work and the ones that you read on a regular basis and then narrow the list by which one publishes the most similar articles.

Likes Farhad70
Choppy said:
Hi Farhad70,

There might be a small language issue with your question.

Sorry for my language.

Do you mean you have done some research and are looking for an appropriate journal to submit to?

yes
I have done some research and i am looking for an appropriate journal to submit to.

If so, this is a question you really need to be talking over with your advisor. As a general approach you can start with the journals that you have cited most frequently in your work and the ones that you read on a regular basis and then narrow the list by which one publishes the most similar articles.

I don't have any advisor and my work is very basic and no one talk about that in many years. I'm looking for an appropriate journal about special relativity.
I have no one to help me in my country and i need physics forum's members to help me.
If you help me ...

Farhad70 said:
Sorry for my language.
yes
I have done some research and i am looking for an appropriate journal to submit to.
I don't have any advisor and my work is very basic and no one talk about that in many years. I'm looking for an appropriate journal about special relativity.
I have no one to help me in my country and i need physics forum's members to help me.
If you help me ...

We have frequent question of this nature, and it always rings my dubious bells each time I see it.

Here's the issue. One typically has to read A LOT of papers when one is doing research work. Otherwise, how would one knows if what one is working on is new, valid, correct, incorrect, not interesting, etc...etc. One must also already knows how to (i) write a proper paper and (ii) be aware of all the various journals out there in that particular field. This is because one has read all of these papers and has paid attention to where they were published.

Thus, when you ask a question like this, it creates something of a puzzle to me on whether you really have studied the ample amount of papers that have already been published in whatever area that you are "researching", and whether you have paid any attention to where those papers have been published. After all, you DO have references to cite in this "paper" that you intend to publish, don't you?

Zz.

Likes Farhad70
ZapperZ said:
We have frequent question of this nature, and it always rings my dubious bells each time I see it.

Here's the issue. One typically has to read A LOT of papers when one is doing research work. Otherwise, how would one knows if what one is working on is new, valid, correct, incorrect, not interesting, etc...etc. One must also already knows how to (i) write a proper paper and (ii) be aware of all the various journals out there in that particular field. This is because one has read all of these papers and has paid attention to where they were published.

Thus, when you ask a question like this, it creates something of a puzzle to me on whether you really have studied the ample amount of papers that have already been published in whatever area that you are "researching", and whether you have paid any attention to where those papers have been published. After all, you DO have references to cite in this "paper" that you intend to publish, don't you?

Zz.

I'm grateful for your answer.

I studied Michael Faraday's experimental researches, Maxwell's works, Oliver Heaviside's works, Lorentz's work and around three thousands pages for my research.
These works published in many years ago.

Anyway, I'm grateful for your help.
P.S : Whatever more and more I walk this road, I'm sure that no one can realize my idea and my work.

Farhad70 said:
I'm grateful for your answer.

I studied Michael Faraday's experimental researches, Maxwell's works, Oliver Heaviside's works, Lorentz's work and around three thousands pages for my research.
These works published in many years ago.

Anyway, I'm grateful for your help.
P.S : Whatever more and more I walk this road, I'm sure that no one can realize my idea and my work.

Does that mean that you have zero references from within the last century? Do you think that the field hasn't advanced at all since then?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
Does that mean that you have zero references from within the last century? Do you think that the field hasn't advanced at all since then?

Zz.

Yes
I don't have any references from 20 & 21 century.

1. How do I know which journals or conferences are considered fundamental in my field?

The best way to determine which journals or conferences are considered fundamental in your field is to do some research. Look at the publications and presentations of other scientists in your field and take note of which journals or conferences are frequently cited or attended. You can also ask your colleagues or mentors for their recommendations.

2. What factors should I consider when choosing a fundamental journal or conference?

When choosing a fundamental journal or conference, you should consider factors such as the scope and reputation of the publication or event, the relevance of your research to the audience, the impact factor or acceptance rate, and the potential for networking and collaboration.

3. Is it better to publish in a high impact journal or present at a prestigious conference?

It ultimately depends on your goals and the nature of your research. If your main objective is to disseminate your findings to a wider audience, then presenting at a prestigious conference may be more beneficial. However, if you are looking to establish your credibility and impact in your field, publishing in a high impact journal may be more advantageous.

4. Can I submit the same research to multiple journals or conferences?

It is generally not recommended to submit the same research to multiple journals or conferences. This is considered self-plagiarism and can result in rejection or retraction of your publication. It is important to carefully select the most appropriate publication or event for your research and submit it there exclusively.

5. How can I increase my chances of being accepted into a fundamental journal or conference?

To increase your chances of being accepted into a fundamental journal or conference, make sure to carefully follow the submission guidelines and tailor your research to fit the scope and audience of the publication or event. Additionally, consider collaborating with established researchers in your field and seek their feedback and support before submitting your work.