Complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics

In summary, the person is looking for a complementary book with more worked examples and problems similar to Schroeder's approach in studying Thermal Physics. One suggestion is "Concepts in Thermal Physics" by Blundell and Bundell which can be found on Amazon.
almarpa
Hello all.

I am studying Thermal Physics from Schroeder's book. I really like this book, but the number of worked examples and solved problems is minimum. Could you please suggest me a complemetary book with worked examples and problems? The ideal book should be similar to Schroeder's, with the same contents and same approach to the subject.

Thank you so much.

Physics news on Phys.org
almarpa said:
The ideal book should be similar to Schroeder's, with the same contents and same approach to the subject.
That's going to be hard, because Schroeder's approach is quite unique.

You should take a look at books of solved problems, such as https://www.worldscientific.com/worldscibooks/10.1142/0883

almarpa said:
I am studying Thermal Physics from Schroeder's book. I really like this book, but the number of worked examples and solved problems is minimum. Could you please suggest me a complemetary book with worked examples and problems? The ideal book should be similar to Schroeder's, with the same contents and same approach to the subject.

I don't know if it is possible to meet all the criteria that you have given, but you might have a look at "Concepts in Thermal Physics" by Blundell and Bundell,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0199562105/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Thank you George, it seems an interesting book.

What is the purpose of a complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics?

A complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics is designed to supplement the material covered in the main textbook by providing additional explanations, examples, and practice problems. It can also offer alternative perspectives and approaches to understanding the concepts.

What makes a good complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics?

A good complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics should have clear and concise explanations, relevant and useful examples, and a variety of practice problems at varying levels of difficulty. It should also align with the main textbook in terms of content and organization.

Can a complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics be used as a standalone textbook?

No, a complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics is meant to be used in conjunction with the main textbook. It does not cover all the material in depth and may not provide the necessary background information for a full understanding of the concepts.

Is a complementary book for Schroeder's Thermal Physics necessary for success in the course?

No, a complementary book is not necessary for success in the course. However, it can be a helpful resource for students who want additional practice and support in understanding the material.

Are there any recommended complementary books for Schroeder's Thermal Physics?

There are many complementary books available for Schroeder's Thermal Physics, so it ultimately depends on the preferences of the instructor and the needs of the students. Some popular options include "Thermal Physics: Concepts and Practice" by Blundell and Blundell, and "Thermal Physics" by Kittel and Kroemer.